The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   ITS OFFICIAL....NEW VIRUS TI (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24760)

DIGITAL SCREAMS 08.11.2004 10:22 AM

ITS OFFICIAL....NEW VIRUS TI

Goto Access website...the rumours were true!!!!!

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=1773

www.access-music.de

DS

ipaqlinux48 08.11.2004 10:32 AM

we are currently updating this site. please check back later

I can't wait.

jasedee 08.11.2004 10:47 AM

Re: ITS OFFICIAL....NEW VIRUS TI

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
the rumours were true!!!!!

You mean there really is a monkey that comes with the new Virus????? ;)

Hollowcell 08.11.2004 11:00 AM

Re: ITS OFFICIAL....NEW VIRUS TI

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasedee
Quote:

the rumours were true!!!!!

You mean there really is a monkey that comes with the new Virus????? ;)

Hehehehe! I'd forgoten about that thread.

Yep, it definitely looks like there will be a new machine amongst us. Can't wait to hear the wavetable OSCs - please tell me they will be in an OS update for the C series!

Drammy 08.11.2004 11:41 AM

For those wanting to read up on the new TI you can access the pages
by clicking here

I think they are just altering the front page to the Access.de website - the other pages work fine.

Martyn

the_bod 08.11.2004 11:50 AM

i heard somewhere that it was supposed to have mlan support too?

i doubt there will be an update for the c's tho, most of the changes look hardware specific...

delay an reverb on each channel tho.. any1 want to buy an indigo 2? :P

Drammy 08.11.2004 11:53 AM

Another good page on it is here

Juho L 08.11.2004 11:58 AM

Aaaargh! I want one right away! Time to go to fill a lottery ticket I suppose. ?hih.

DIGITAL SCREAMS 08.11.2004 12:02 PM

OMG im creaming over the specs......

Looks like the price is going to be around ?1650 for the 61 note keyboard version. This will probably be the only VA/wavetable you'd ever need!

DS

Timo 08.11.2004 12:19 PM

:D

hatembr 08.11.2004 12:39 PM

8O

monads 08.11.2004 03:48 PM

I want the white one :D

Onkel Dunkel 08.11.2004 03:59 PM

Danm, i?ve only had my (brand new) Virus C for a couple of months and then this turns up :evil: Please can i have my money back and get the TI instead :cry:

aster 08.11.2004 04:07 PM

Finally my patience has paid off ! I was waiting for a new release. It looks like I may need to save a bit more for this one !

monads 08.11.2004 04:12 PM

Does anyone know if the new line is compatable with our Virus C patches?

DIGITAL SCREAMS 08.11.2004 04:14 PM

Im relieved I sold my KC when I did......

Im definitely buying the Ti 61 key......then im going to pollute the forum with hypersaw mayhem and wavetable goodness.

Maybe someone could clarify for me...the wavetable section. Are the wavetable waveforms static or are they infinitely variable?

80 note poly weeee.......I'll be able to make BIG MOOG UNISON PADS WITH THAT SON OF A BITCH!!!!

DS

marc 08.11.2004 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monads

yes, it will be.

marc

Juho L 08.11.2004 04:45 PM

Quote:

Maybe someone could clarify for me...the wavetable section. Are the wavetable waveforms static or are they infinitely variable?

Not sure about infinitely varialbe, but they seemt o be sweepable.

Quote:

80 note poly weeee.......I'll be able to make BIG MOOG UNISON PADS WITH THAT SON OF A BITCH!!!!
Yup. And good bye annoying mixdowns... I want one...

tek_ 08.11.2004 05:09 PM

Damn this is interesting..a digital output ,so If I connect it to my delta 1010 digital-in there will be no noizy recordings?! I should have waited 5 months longer,paid the same amount of Euro's for the C , as it is now sold as TI :x ..anyone wants a C in mint condition ?? 8O no joking ,maybe I'll sell it but lets think about it first :roll:

monads 08.11.2004 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc
Quote:

Originally Posted by monads

yes, it will be.

marc

Thanks marc. That's totally cool. I know the Virus B patches were compatable with the C series, some did sound different though, so I was concerned as the line evolved about our C created patches.

It's hard to resist this baby. One thing I like on the C series is the layout of the Mod Matix. On the Ti line, this appears to have been abandoned in favor of using just the "Assign", each with 3 selectable destinations. Yes, it's bigger but I have to dive through menues to select (as opposed to just having some there for quick access i.e OSC 1, Filter 1, etc). I guess it should be easier with the integrated software.

Tomer=Trance 08.11.2004 06:26 PM

i didnt see any wavetable osc\s in the specs.

Juho L 08.11.2004 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
i didnt see any wavetable osc\s in the specs.

Wavetable oscillators

In addition to the award winning VIRUS oscillators the VIRUS TI series introduces Wavetable oscillators. These sophisticated new oscillators put a completely new array of sounds at your disposal. From gritty, screaming, somewhat LoFi sounding textures to silky-smooth wave cascades - the sky is the limit. Now imagine processing the WaveTable with Access? self-resonating MiniMoog? Filter...
A mixture between VIRUS oscillators and WaveTable oscillators is also possible.

Sunesha 08.11.2004 07:51 PM

Congrats to access, beutiful thinking.. This surely smart..

And congrats to that you get my money now..

Cheers,
Daniel

Tomer=Trance 08.11.2004 08:02 PM

yes tabletop
i must have missed it. 8O :D

the_bod 08.11.2004 08:20 PM

After going back and looking at the specs a few times, Im starting to think about selling my indigo 2 now!!
i mean 1800 simultaneous oscillators :twisted: :twisted:

One thing im confused about though, when its being run in a VST shell and using the audio it says it has a 4 channel audio bus.
Can it provide 2 stereo outs then? And is that over usb and spdif at the same time?

And if it is using USB for audio, there must be pc/mac audio drivers for it?

any1 want a second hand mint condition indigo 2 by the way? :D

Juho L 08.11.2004 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_bod

Hoho. I think I know what happens: Everybody ask the same and no-one wants to buy -> Viruses and other VA's are sold really cheap.

blay 08.11.2004 09:20 PM

As this is a day for new releases i thought id become a new member.
hey freaks :wink: im pete
been a virus lover and user for quite some time - just never got around to buying one. looks like now is the time :twisted:

looking forward to sharing info with everyone and generally contributing positively to my new favourite forum......

:D

blay 08.11.2004 09:23 PM

amazingly enough that newborn avatar looks just like me - only he has more hair :wink:

Timo 08.11.2004 09:32 PM

Virus TI Polar vs. Centrino 2 laptop.

....Hmm ... Damn!

[scratches head]

the_bod 08.11.2004 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juho L
Quote:

Hoho. I think I know what happens: Everybody ask the same and no-one wants to buy -> Viruses and other VA's are sold really cheap.

nah, im not selling. the indigo does what i need it to do.
I'm about to buy an omega 8 and unless the sound engine of the TI's are radically different and better compared to the indigo, i cant justify it.

Is there enough there soundwise to make people upgrade from the c series?

i didnt see any demos on the access site, has anyone heard it?

Juho L 08.11.2004 10:16 PM

Quote:

Is there enough there soundwise to make people upgrade from the c series?

I think the major point is the ease of use. Total VST integration, huge polyphony... It's a dream come true for studio people. Of course it has very nice sound enchancements like that wavetable and insane hypersaw. This isn't the same kind of tiny update like C was to B. This is something totally different and brilliant.

And by the way look for some vintage analogs instead of that Omega8. You save money and probably get better sounds and the smell of vintage circuits. ?hih.

Tom_1970 08.11.2004 10:25 PM

I'm impressed by the new Virus series, but I still haven't reached the bottom of my Virus C after 2 years (far from).
So I don't think there is a point for me in selling my C and buying a TI wich has a bottom that's on a deeper level than the C.

My Virus still is the same great VA synth at this time as it was 2 years ago.

Hollowcell 08.11.2004 11:39 PM

Yep, these things look very nice indeed!

The VSTi intergration doesn't appeal much, but the new OSCs and the voice expansion do.

It's definitely infront of anything else spec wise (as far as the hardware specs go). This thing will plug into anything it seems.

Nice work Access.

I'm know you guys have many other things happening at the moment with the new series, but I'm sure many people have this question on their lips. So....What's happening with the OS updates with the C series?

jasedee 09.11.2004 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blay
As this is a day for new releases i thought id become a new member.
hey freaks :wink: im pete
been a virus lover and user for quite some time - just never got around to buying one. looks like now is the time :twisted:

~Welcome to Planet Virus~

Nice to have another Aussie join the forum! We will run this place soon and boot out these Euro freaks ;) hehehehe...... :lol:

Drammy 09.11.2004 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tek_
Damn this is interesting..a digital output ,so If I connect it to my delta 1010 digital-in there will be no noizy recordings?! I should have waited 5 months longer,paid the same amount of Euro's for the C , as it is now sold as TI :x ..anyone wants a C in mint condition ?? 8O no joking ,maybe I'll sell it but lets think about it first :roll:

Thats correct but you can also connect via USB2 and take the audio straight into the PC / Mac. This is the Total Integration or TI.

This means that there will be no noise whatsoever apart from that created by the Virus engine.

So what happens is you connect your Virus and comp via USB2 and then open up the Virus as a VSTi or AU in your software sequencer - I guess you are using one if you are recording into a 1010 anyway. Say you use Cubase you will then see the Audio outputs from the Virus in your Cubase mixer as VST instruments (and are also editable as VST instruments). Not only does the output go straight into your PC but the PC / Mac master out gets rerouted to the Virus Outputs, meaning you can make use of the high quality 192 KHz D/A convertors to go straight into your amp!

Absolutely fantastic technology!

Apologies if you already understood this - I am just very excited!

Ta,

Martyn

DIGITAL SCREAMS 09.11.2004 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Yep, these things look very nice indeed!

The VSTi intergration doesn't appeal much, but the new OSCs and the voice expansion do.

It's definitely infront of anything else spec wise (as far as the hardware specs go). This thing will plug into anything it seems.

Nice work Access.

I'm know you guys have many other things happening at the moment with the new series, but I'm sure many people have this question on their lips. So....What's happening with the OS updates with the C series?

To be honest HC, I woudltn expect any more OS updates for the C. The reason being is that there are practicaly no bugs and probably very little spare processing power. Hence the reason why the TI is so DSP powerful....maybe it gives Access more room to breath with future updates. Anyhow the C has already had like 3 major updates......

Just a point to note for everyone who already has Virus'. Dont go out and sell....its a mental thing to do. What you've got is already good enough. If you can afford the TI well that great! But if not dont worry about it....

*Just as a little side note.....Access is the only manufacturer of synths that can get away with a price hike and still sell a bucket load. Now that says something!

If any of the guys at access are reading this...would it be possible to hear a demo of the Hypersaw and wavetable oscilators? Cheers

DS

Tomer=Trance 09.11.2004 11:47 AM

accualy i think people would prefer easy of use over more features...

marc 09.11.2004 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
accualy i think people would prefer easy of use over more features...

i think so as well. that's why there is a much bigger display. for the first time, the virus TI does display more than one parameter on the same page and with three soft knobs under the display (and therefore three parameters per page) it's so much easier to edit a sound. on top of that, 4 rows in Y axis allow the TI to display loads of "status" related information independently to the rest of the page. next, the new FX section shows the status of every single FX per patch and you can directly edit the EQ. there is a SHIFT button and all the SHIFT functions are labelled. IMO the mod matrix section is much easier to use. you see, there is much more to the TI than what you can read in the specs right now

best, marc

Smag 09.11.2004 12:49 PM

With regard to new updates on the existing VC, I would have liked to have seen more digital waves added, or even the ability to create your own waves and load them into the C like with the Microwave XT. Not sure if this is possible but I'm no great techie.

tek_ 09.11.2004 02:44 PM

Thanks for clearing martynreid now I understand, it is exiting and looking at my C now .. , it is still exiting :lol: why don't Access give C users a programmable arp if the unit alows the update for that ofcourse :?