The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Off topic (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   If you've been gone a while... (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=27351)

Drammy 09.08.2006 11:42 AM

If you've been gone a while...

Drop us all a message here to say hello - would be good to see whos been missing since the move to Infekted.org.

Think of it as a big group hug... :lol:

Doc Jones 09.08.2006 01:13 PM

I was wondering what was going on with this burst of people finding the forum all of a sudden. Then I got the email you sent around Drammy - nicely done :)

Drammy 09.08.2006 02:31 PM

Cheers, by the way - did anyone get more than 1 email - I had an absolute nightmare sending the email - I had to verify every single user's email address was still valid (1 by 1). It took me ages...

Apologies if anyone got more than 1 email - I did all I could to avoid this!

Drammy

Khazul 09.08.2006 03:05 PM

Yeh - got two - no worries :)

ledge 09.08.2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drammy
Cheers, by the way - did anyone get more than 1 email - I had an absolute nightmare sending the email - I had to verify every single user's email address was still valid (1 by 1). It took me ages...

Apologies if anyone got more than 1 email - I did all I could to avoid this!

Drammy

I got two and I'm as angry as hell!

(j/k)

3o3 10.08.2006 12:05 AM

I've got two aswell.. Bloody hell! SPERM SPERM SPERM!

Drammy 10.08.2006 07:21 AM

:lol:

Lets just hope the intended target audience got theirs...

:?

Mayday Dream 10.08.2006 09:05 AM

Im back!!!

But with a new name heheh

jasedee 10.08.2006 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayday Dream
Im back!!!

But with a new name heheh

Hmmm....so who did you used to be?

Mayday Dream 10.08.2006 01:58 PM

now that would be telling lol :lol:

XLR8A 13.08.2006 07:35 PM

I'm back with my old username, standard.

Gopal 13.08.2006 09:35 PM

I'm back :)

Been real busy, moving cities, settin up new studio, settlin into new job. Should have a bit more time to lurk around here and hurl random abuse at people again :)

Forum is looking sexxy :lol:

Hollowcell 13.08.2006 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayday Dream
now that would be telling lol :lol:

Sunesha! Good to see you back mate. :wink:

As for me...
I never left. It seems that now, I can really call myself an internet geek!

Mayday Dream 25.08.2006 06:31 PM

nope not Sunesha!

:lol:

3o3 25.08.2006 07:58 PM

I still say that 'Mayday Dream' is DS!

And no.. I've never left aswell.. where the deuce would I go then? Nobody else would like to see pictures of me balls other than this place..

Timo 25.08.2006 11:49 PM

Mayday Dream
Digital Scream

And the Optimus Prime logo.... Might have a point there. :)

Juho L 04.10.2006 07:32 AM

I just fetch me a new cup of coffee. Now I'm back. Did I miss anything?

Drammy 04.10.2006 07:54 AM

Welcome back

Bet you'll have fun reading through hundreds of posts..

jasedee 04.10.2006 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juho L

Why yes! Hollowcell has given up making dark edgy beats for the mainstream R&B world, 303 has stopped drinking, and has been in deep hibernation for months, and Alex Hall has taken picture of Mrs Hall for the "Readers Wives" section of "boobs" magazine...

3o3 04.10.2006 11:05 AM

Quote:

303 has stopped drinking, and has been in deep hibernation for months
What on earth are you talking about?! I still use the S.P.A-system and will probably never quit using it!

Hollowcell 05.10.2006 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasedee
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juho L

Why yes! Hollowcell has given up making dark edgy beats for the mainstream R&B world.

And for the glam world of folk!

Onkel Dunkel 28.11.2006 06:08 PM

Hi folks :D It?s been a while since i last posted here. I?ve been busy making kids room, i started back at work and have generally been busy so i haven?t had the time to do much else. Things are getting a little more relaxed now so i hope to get some more time to do all the fun stuff :D I hope you are all great and that HC haven?t posted to many poo-threads :wink:
I did find a little time the last 3 weeks so i?ve built a synth myself :twisted: It?s the Sound Labs Mini Synth from http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/ and i just finished it and it sounds great :D Now i just need to make a bunch of modifications (i bought an Accutronics spring reverb that i?m gonna built into it as soon as i?ve made a driver-/recovery curcuit for it and then some other stuff like fine tuners, power and LFO LEDs, VCO modulations, more CV inputs, ext. inputs, and other fun stuff). I also need to make a nice 2U rack case for it since it looks like shit now:

I?ll post sound samples and more pictures when it?s done wich reminds me that i seem to remember that i promised HC some saw samples (no not hypersaw or supersaw dummies, a real saw). Actually i?ve been taking leasons for the last 3 months and i?ve become pretty good (if you ask my teacher that is)...

I hope i get time to post some more. This forum is always good for a laugh. See ya :D

jasedee 29.11.2006 01:27 AM

Welcome back Onkel!!!!

:)

Hollowcell 30.11.2006 12:11 AM

Nice work Onkel!
Can't wait to hear that synth mate.

Saw lessons?! Can you actually pay someone for that? :D

Merlot 30.11.2006 12:50 AM

I love the layout on that synth. Fuckin Ace! Lets hear it!!! :) :)

Onkel Dunkel 30.11.2006 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Saw lessons?! Can you actually pay someone for that? :D

I was as suprised as you. I saw it in a catalog from something called "aftenskolen" ("the evening school" in danish) wich is an organisation that offers lessons in more alternative things (they teach all from better cooking over yoga to ceramics and of course music) and hey......i had the saw so why not learn to play "for real" instead of just trying what i read on the internet :D

The synth: Soundsamples will come but i want to finish it first. Anyway my studio is not fully connected at the moment since i had to move the whole thing to my bedroom (bedroom studio :wink: ) because there?s kids room in my old studio :cry: Well thing almost fit so i?ll live :roll:

matsa 01.12.2006 09:54 PM

That synth looks way cool. Good luck with that mate.

AlexHall74 17.05.2007 01:52 AM

I've been gone awhile...

...because I've been trying to get into graduate school...

...but I'll have the whole summer off in about 3 weeks...

...and I have alot of LFOs to tweak and filters to wrench...

...and I'm going to drink alcohol and plague you freakazoids til' your eyes bleed and you cry for your Mommies.

Cheers my firend!

I'll be back in 2 shakes of a lamb's tail...

-The Alex

jasedee 17.05.2007 03:32 AM

Ahhh.... he returns!

I knew it wouldnt be long before you came crawling back.

AlexHall74 18.05.2007 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasedee (Post 277183)
Ahhh.... he returns!

I knew it wouldnt be long before you came crawling back.

Crawling is not my style.

I prefer to walk through the front door smoking a cigar with a martini in my hand while asking what's for dinner...

Good to see you, Jase.

You better fucking call me if your sorry carcass comes through Florida again. ;) Hope your travels are going well!

-Alex

jasedee 18.05.2007 03:23 AM

Hey! I've never been to Florida...

Im in San Francisco at the moment....bloody cold here sometimes. When that wind kicks in, crikey.

Monobeat 27.08.2008 11:46 PM

I missed you all dearly. I have not changed my name, although I have changed my underwear several times since I was last online....

Too bad there still isn't a user upload music section. I was dreaming of returning to Infekted and seeing a user music section integrated into the site, that we could browse through and feel warm and fuzzy about..

Merlot 23.12.2008 12:10 AM

Yo,

Things are just starting to settle down here in NYC. I have one semester of school left. Just finished a crazy semester of student teaching at an inner-city Bronx High school. Did a music workshop there after school and got the bug again. I am just now starting to dig back into music (been out awhile because of studies).

So what's up bitches? What I miss? Any new kids? wives? news?

Doc Jones 23.12.2008 07:01 PM

hey Merlot, welcome back mate. Glad to see you are still enjoying the city. Must be freezing your ass off though!

Merlot 23.12.2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc Jones (Post 284789)
hey Merlot, welcome back mate. Glad to see you are still enjoying the city. Must be freezing your ass off though!

Yes, my nipples are poling through my sweaters!

Old Vantaa Man 20.05.2009 05:26 PM

I'm still reading this site. Hello mates xx

Not got any mail from Alex for a while, though.

You ok buddy?

Hollowcell 21.05.2009 05:08 AM

I've been reading the site too recently, but haven't seen anything from Alex in ages. Probably hitting those little blue tabs hard again - his poor missus.

Doc Jones 21.05.2009 06:01 PM

hey guys, I talked to Alex about a month ago via email. He seemed to be in good spirits but did mention that he just went through a really rough time. He didn't give any specifics and I didn't want to press him on it.

It would probably be pretty cool is some of you guys shoot him an email and say hi.

Old Vantaa Man 21.05.2009 07:28 PM

Yeah. I'm gonna send His Charmingness a mail.

AlexHall74 22.05.2009 04:47 AM

OK fellow synth freak maniacs, I am alive and well, and will be posting a bit of shite soon.

The story?

Too long for now, but in short, have survived a major bout of depression caused by prolonged domestic stress, and resolved by a combination of innerstrength, divin intervention, love, hate, intellect, my wonderful friends, my family, a little bit of sunshine, and a few bottles of vodka.

Here I am:

I sincerely thank you Doc, Timo, and OVM for checking in with me to say hello for the last couple months. If i have not responded, I feel an ass, but must request your forgiveness as I really have not been myself.

That story, and how I conquered it will unfold with a bit of time.

For now, I am happy to be functional and on the road to a full if not better than ever recovery. I am still in school, still getting A's, and only have 2 more semesters left after this one.

My entire studio is torn down as I almost moved out of my home and onto my own pasture. Life has been really fooking nutty.

But all that is behind me, and I about to rise, the phoenix from the ashes, and tear some shit up on my recovery. ;)

I really hope you all are doing great and want you to know that my love and best wishes are with you all, always.

I am going to shoot Drammy some $$$ to keep things moving and to make a vBulletin upgrade.

The UAVF shall live on.

P.S
Where the fuck is Juho???

xx,

-The Alex