The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Virus TI manual *FEEDBACK* (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=25454)

DIGITAL SCREAMS 09.05.2005 08:25 PM

Virus TI manual *FEEDBACK*

For those of you who have read it....plz leave your comments and suggestions here.

For me, overall the manual is very well written and laid out. Great use of examples to demonstrate the features. For the introduction section, I'd like to see it a bit longer....with maybe a few photos of Access Music headquaters....and some info (and pics) of the guys behind the design. It makes for even better reading that way.....and its always nice to put names to faces when your a gear geek like me (and 1000's of others outthere!).

Comments?

DS

MADSTATION 09.05.2005 08:38 PM

I've read the manual twice so far and I believe it's great. I hope the images won't show up too "pixelated" in the printed manual tho.

I can't think of any suggestions at the moment but I will think about it :)

And I agree with the 80's boi about a proper intro with some more info about access!

saba 10.05.2005 08:28 AM

Needs far more pictures, like the earlier virus manuals, of things such as knobs and their positions and whatnot. Needs to revise the "introduction to synthesis".

Ever read the Waldorf Q manual? That's how it should be done!

Juho L 10.05.2005 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saba
Ever read the Waldorf Q manual? That's how it should be done!

Q manual is great. That's the document from which I studied the basic concepts of subtractive synthesis. Great illustrative pictures and diagrams on how the different synth parts affect the signal.

Edit: And nope, I haven't owned Q. I read it when I was choosing a between Virus, Q and Supernova 2 few years back.

klagga 11.05.2005 09:27 PM

Where are the pictures? :?

Every other synth manual has a picture with explanation about every button. Not this one. Strange.

Sleepwalker 15.05.2005 12:18 PM

the manual

Hello!

Im stationed at the moment in india with 32k modem!!
Could someone maybe send me the manual as plain text on mail!? im deeply curious! :roll: That would make me very happy!!! :D

The PDF manual i tried to download many times, but it is not possible, its to big (!) the line breaks everytime.

I would be very happy if someone could do this for me, or I shall have to wait all the 18 days til I return to europe!!!

my mail is:
kimotei@gmail.com :P

klagga 15.05.2005 04:45 PM

Check your mail

I?ve just mailed you the manual as plain text in unicode format.

Hope you?ll be able to read it.

Klagga

klagga 20.05.2005 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klagga
Where are the pictures? :?

Every other synth manual has a picture with explanation about every button. Not this one. Strange.

I saw they?ve updated the manual today, now with pictures!

techno_7 20.05.2005 02:53 PM

I guess the reason there was no picture is becuase they want to look "proffesional".

Or maybe they're just damn lazy :lol:

MADSTATION 20.05.2005 03:22 PM

I don't believe it was lazyness but mostly a lack of the at the moment thanks to us, impatients virus lovers ;)

Nice update on the manual...Looks like the final one!

Who knows, maybe the units will be shipping soon after all :)