The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Sound designing (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Depeche mode soundset (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=27647)

The girl next door 17.11.2006 10:54 PM

Depeche mode soundset

Not saying i'm the best sound designer in the world not by a long way !!But you lot heard that D-mode soundset??wot a load of fucking shite !

iand 17.11.2006 11:01 PM

yeah, no doubt! depeche chode is more like it :mrgreen:

The girl next door 17.11.2006 11:10 PM

Funny thing is,Depeche mode are my favorite band of all time !!!
So how dissapointed was I

bishopkris40 18.11.2006 05:19 AM

Man I get this a lot when listening to others patches, start to wonder what I'm doing wrong, like playing them wrong, but forget that they've been at it years and probably got alot of outboard effect running on things (and samplers), plus I read the interview and they probably hardly use the sound from the ti yet. I suspected that the soundset would be a dissapointment so not down loaded it yet.

Khazul 20.11.2006 04:05 PM

Sound design for yourself and sound design for general release are different problems. As you say - they after probably intended for use in a specific track, or with a certain processing chain in mind, or certain way of playing.

Even alot of the presets can sound crap/useless unless you know what kind of sequence/progression/style etc was in mind when it was created.

Ive not checked this sound set out yet, probably a random collection of stores from when they were messing around rather than anything from their current material.

Timo 20.11.2006 05:43 PM

That Tiesto Virus-TI soundset, too... Was that actually made by Tiesto himself, or was it made by someone else emulating the Tiesto style?

Tomer=Trance 20.11.2006 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timo
That Tiesto Virus-TI soundset, too... Was that actually made by Tiesto himself, or was it made by someone else emulating the Tiesto style?

I belive tiesto doesnt do any of the sound design and entire production,
He only writes the main chords\idea and then he has a sound designer\enginier\whatever who finishes writing it and then mix it.

I dont have any of his shit but if you do,you should have a lock at the back of the CD at the credits part.
I wont be suprised to se a bunch of names other then his. :wink:

theMusicMan 20.11.2006 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
Quote:

Originally Posted by Timo

I belive tiesto doesnt do any of the sound design and entire production,
He only writes the main chords\idea and then he has a sound designer\enginier\whatever who finishes writing it and then mix it.

I dont have any of his shit but if you do,you should have a lock at the back of the CD at the credits part.
I wont be suprised to se a bunch of names other then his. :wink:

Typical DJ leech eh!

The girl next door 20.11.2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khazul
Sound design for yourself and sound design for general release are different problems. As you say - they after probably intended for use in a specific track, or with a certain processing chain in mind, or certain way of playing.

Even alot of the presets can sound crap/useless unless you know what kind of sequence/progression/style etc was in mind when it was created.

Ive not checked this sound set out yet, probably a random collection of stores from when they were messing around rather than anything from their current material.

I know where your coming from Adam,but that Depeche mode soundset is just toilet.Listen to it and you'll see.
I think there are 12 patches in all and not one good to man or beast
I've a few soundsets myself and they are good MS incubation for example..

Khazul 20.11.2006 09:50 PM

Gonna have a listen - this mean I have to dig out the projectile vomit smiley again? ;)