The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Trouble with your Access Virus? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   VIRUS TI Problem thread (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=25867)

DIGITAL SCREAMS 05.10.2005 02:37 PM

VIRUS TI Problem thread

Any issues or concerns....plz post in this thread. Lets keep it to the point and descriptive so that the guys at Access can understand whats going on.

Cheers

DS

ekimeno 05.10.2005 02:47 PM

Cool...

OK - so I have the Polar being used with the following setup: G5 iMac with OS X 10.4.2 with 1.5Gb RAM using Digital Performer 4.6 with projects at 24-bit/44.1kHz. I also have a Motu 828Mk2 as the main audio interface and a Lacie Porsche 250Gb firewire hard drive. This is what's happened so far...

v1.01 - Polar set up without a problem and the AU plugin can be used on an instrument track - full control between the virus and the plugin. Open up 1 or several midi tracks and midi recording is enabled and works fine. Audio can be recorded from output 1+2 on the virus through the 828 or as Mix track via the USB cable. Only problems are CPU overhead - regularly between 40% and 60% with occasional spikes into the red at 100% - this is with a latency of 256 samples. If I bring this up to 512 samples, CPU is now at 30 - 50% with no red spikes. The CPU overheads are noted with 1 Ti plugin and 1 24/44 audio track as a backing track.

v1.02 - Still the same CPU overhead, but now, while playing the song, if I change a patch while DP is playing, DP crashes every time. Now can hardly do anything without DP crashing on me.

Despite these niggles, the Polar sounds amazing - definitely in on a new level over the Virus KC. BTW - I have used several normal VI plugins and up to 20 audio tracks at the same sample rate in DP and never get a CPU overhead of more than 50%. Similarly my Nord G2 never gives me any problems with this either. In fact DP has been the most stable DAW I've used - this is the first time I've experienced so many crashes.

Any other Mac/DP users out there that can help?

tk 05.10.2005 06:00 PM

Re: VIRUS TI Problem thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Any issues or concerns....plz post in this thread. Lets keep it to the point and descriptive so that the guys at Access can understand whats going on.

Cheers

DS

The best thing you can do is opening a ticket on our support system.

http://www.access-music.de/?go=supportmail

Don't forget to fill out the fields about your computer, host you are using and software and driver versions.

We do not regularily watch this forum so addressing support directly is the most time saving way.

tk

ekimeno 05.10.2005 07:04 PM

Many thanks tk - I have posted my details on that form.

glendale 06.10.2005 01:12 PM

Bug when changing the Delay type

Hi!

Just wanted to change the Delay Mode "Edit FX" from "Simple Delay" to a Pattern. When receiving Pattern 3+3, suddenly the sound stopped. Since then, the TI doesn't output anything on any channel.

Even a restart didn't fix the problem ... no sound anymore :(

Hope, you can help!

[edit]

Ok, found the problem - seems, the TI killed my Sequencer (Sonar 4) 8O

Cheers,
glen

ten 06.10.2005 03:00 PM

Anyone else getting crashes in SX 3.1 when trying to type in the tempo in the common section of virus control? using 1.0.2r2

ten

Doc Jones 06.10.2005 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ten
Anyone else getting crashes in SX 3.1 when trying to type in the tempo in the common section of virus control? using 1.0.2r2

ten

Ten, what kind of crashes are you getting ie - screen freeze, bsod etc?
Also, can you tell us exactly what happens and when - ex, I type in the tempo and as soon as I hit enter . . . . and it happens every single time etc.
thanks.

Househead 06.10.2005 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ten

ten

Mines not crashing but it will not allow me to change to tempo on the common page to sync with Cubase 3.

I click on the tempo part, type in 136 and hit enter. It goes back to 120.0 tempo.

Strange...

Paul

Doc Jones 06.10.2005 04:21 PM

Househead and Ten, how come you don't use midi clock sync signal from cubase to keep the ti in sync with the tempo changes?

ten 06.10.2005 04:39 PM

Yea, I have got it synced... I just wanted to change the tempo manually by typing it in :) As soon as I press enter boom it crashes with a box saying 'error blah press ok to shut down cubase sx'

If I use the mouse to move the tempo up/down though it works fine. Ive mentioned it to Access and they say it will be fixed in a later revision.

ten