The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Why is Virus KC so big? (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24452)

nordlead 21.05.2004 06:34 PM

Why is Virus KC so big?

Hi, I'm the owner of a Virus C and the other day went to a friends studio. The guy has a Virus KC and I was extremely surprised by the size of it. I mean, it's terribly big, almost ugly I'd say.

I always thought keyboard versions were nicer than desktops, but after seeing that monster I'm happy I got the little one (actually I couldnt choose, as I got a very cheap 2nd hand virus).

Besides the keyboard, does it have anything else more than the C?

Just some thoughts...

Tomer=Trance 21.05.2004 08:19 PM

no

benblue 22.05.2004 05:35 AM

thus the indigo!!!!! yay!!!

Tomer=Trance 22.05.2004 06:40 AM

yeah i guss the indigo meant to look more sexy and compact :)

Juho L 22.05.2004 10:10 AM

If you think kC is big and ugly, you probably haven't seen Motif ES8, which is bigger than a car.

I think kC is very nice looking piece of gear.

nordlead 22.05.2004 08:08 PM

Yeah, maybe I'm just not used to see keyboard synths. Whats the difference between the indigo and the virus C, besides appearance?

Tomer=Trance 22.05.2004 08:19 PM

just the keys zide

DIGITAL SCREAMS 16.06.2004 11:25 AM

Re: Why is Virus KC so big?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordlead
Hi, I'm the owner of a Virus C and the other day went to a friends studio. The guy has a Virus KC and I was extremely surprised by the size of it. I mean, it's terribly big, almost ugly I'd say.

I always thought keyboard versions were nicer than desktops, but after seeing that monster I'm happy I got the little one (actually I couldnt choose, as I got a very cheap 2nd hand virus).

Besides the keyboard, does it have anything else more than the C?

Just some thoughts...

Bloody hell lmao, you should go play on a CS80 or Jupiter 8. The Virus KC is a perfect size for 61 keys. Its not too long, not too deep and has a nice weight too it. If compact 49 key synths are ur thing then fine.....The Virus range of synths are the best looking new synths on the market and hold their own when placed next to JP8's and P5's etc. The same cannot be said of new Korg, Roland and even Nord synths. Well its all subjective anyway.

As Ben & others have already mentioned in other threads there are alot of differences between the Virus models. The Virus C/KC has recently undergone an improvement with its headphone socket (The soundquality is noticebly clearer.....practically no noise now!) and the KC has had a keyboard revision. The black keys on the KC now have a much better feel to them, are more raised....and I think mybe even a little wider. The most important improvement to me is that the white and black keys feel 100% identical. A true playing pleasure.

I think one of the reasons why I just cant let go of the Virus is because I have so much fun playing its keyboard. It makes playing pads more sensual, it makes playing leads more refined, it makes playing ambient sounds feel more intricate. Yes, you could say I have a connection with the Virus when I play it. Thats something Access tried to achieve, and in my opinion, did achieve.

DS