The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   HACKED BY iSKORPiTX (TURKISH HACKER) (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=25403)

Sunesha 26.04.2005 06:40 PM

HACKED BY iSKORPiTX (TURKISH HACKER)

HACKED BY iSKORPiTX (TURKISH HACKER)

Juho L 26.04.2005 06:46 PM

Bloody heavy traffic it seems... I'll consider this...

Sunesha 26.04.2005 06:47 PM

Addition, I will of course re-direct all people to new place when it comes. This after we are linked alot around internet. I think we are at many hundreds of places.

Sunesha 26.04.2005 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juho L

I estimate it to go up. The visitors has skyrocket lately of popularity of discussions of Virus TI.

Stats today:
Code:

Year        Visits
2002        38518
2003        103352
2004        139161
2005        96883

I will guess we maybe go around 200 k visits

Nigel Harkness 26.04.2005 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juho L

Please do, or somebody for that matter. I love this board and its collection of knowledgable clowns.

Somebody please take this task on.

DIGITAL SCREAMS 26.04.2005 10:05 PM

Damn.....this is a shame. I really do hope someone can take over the forum and run it. Otherwise...we may all have to migrate to the new TI forum*

*not that that would be a bad thing.....just a shame that all the posts would go :cry:

DS

Tomer=Trance 26.04.2005 11:25 PM

maybe access itself can support us? since we are such a strong communite...

ledge 27.04.2005 01:10 AM

hmm, I can get 2G space with 20G/month traffic for US$60/year.

How big is the site including the database?

I have the skills to do this but probably not the time or money. Though keeping the current admins and moderators would take most of the day to day running out of whoever hosts its hands.

blay 27.04.2005 04:22 AM

Hey Sunesha

sorry to hear that this is now the situation - we have all very much appreciated the service you have provided us with....

I am prepared to assist anyone who is financial to keep the forum running - i have fairly solid web experience, although I must say my php coding would be pretty rusty by now :wink:

I agree with DS - it would be a shame to lose all the posts on this board as they are quite a valuable resource for any virus owner.

cheers

blay

Hollowcell 27.04.2005 07:57 AM

Sorry to see you are going Sunesha! :cry:

I have no knowledge of this sort of web-stuff, so basicly I hope someone takes it's over too. My time wasting is in your hands!

I don't think Access should take it over though. I'd be worried that posts that go against them, or critisize them in any way may get censored. This is one of the most free-spoken forums I have seen on the net - lets keep it that way.

I think Juho should do it!

3o3 27.04.2005 12:01 PM

Y'arr let Juho run this place.!

I could sponsor with some cash if needed!

DIGITAL SCREAMS 27.04.2005 12:09 PM

Juho i would be great if you could. I cant think of any one better...or crazier to undertake such a task :lol:

Go for it!

DS

Juho L 27.04.2005 01:12 PM

Hmm... Virus users have www.virusti.com, so what if - like Matsa suggested in the other thread - I would only run the off-topic and general music parts? It would be really expensive to upgrade my webhotel to suit the insane bandwidth required to satisfy all the Virus TI babble and trivialities.

blay 27.04.2005 02:19 PM

sounds like a workable suggestion to me.

it would be ashame to lose the log of posts here though...

cheers

blay

pseudonym 27.04.2005 03:20 PM

Hey folks,

I'm looking into hosting the forum - we currently host the SuperCollider Users forum and a rather virginal Music Production forum here: www.electroniclife.co.uk

If users are happy to be alongside these forums, then I'll get it sorted.

pseudo

jasedee 27.04.2005 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudonym
Hey folks,

I'm looking into hosting the forum - we currently host the SuperCollider Users forum and a rather virginal Music Production forum here: www.electroniclife.co.uk

If users are happy to be alongside these forums, then I'll get it sorted.

pseudo

If this would mean keeping everything as is (ie not losing posts) than it would be great!

I had a look at the other forums you run.....they also seem like good resources with some friendly people.

Hope it works out....

:)

blay 28.04.2005 03:28 AM

What would members here think of amalgamating 'Virusforums' and 'TI Forums?'

All usernames and member posts can be imported - nothing will be lost.

And Ti Forums already has an effective board with nice features up and running, ready to go.

The webmaster of Ti Forums would be prepared to cover all hosting fees.

For any of you that are unfamiliar with TI Forums, please check out
http://www.virusti.com

have a think about it guys :wink:

cheers

blay

ten 28.04.2005 05:23 AM

Sounds good to me mate. I think you might have to ask the 'webmaster' to think about his views on profanity though. Everyone likes a good swear now and a again and he censors any and everything like we are trying to be trolls. Over censorship makes for an extremely tedious forum.

Must thank sun for running this one for so long. Your time and effort has been appreciated and you will be missed.

ten

blay 28.04.2005 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ten
Sounds good to me mate. I think you might have to ask the 'webmaster' to think about his views on profanity though. Everyone likes a good swear now and a again and he censors any and everything like we are trying to be trolls. Over censorship makes for an extremely tedious forum.

hehe ten...
you have to admit the posts you are referring to were a *little* over the top.... :wink:
i think we can trust most members to use the forum responsibly.

my priority is to preserve the posts and member accounts here - it would be a shame to see it dissappear into the internet never-never.

the server that Virus TI forums utilises is very fast, and we dont have the problem of the board going missing everynight for an hour or so :wink:

anyways - all suggestions and opinions are welcome on this one.
:)

cheers

blay

blay 28.04.2005 06:19 AM

Ok I have been thinking about Juho's suggestion earlier.
Perhaps we could merge the following sections (and all inclusive threads) to Virus TI Forums:

Discussion concerning Access products

General discussion about Access Virus
Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Sound designing
Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Trouble with your Access Virus?
Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

General discussion

Studio equipment
An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Acccess products which have a dedicated area.

All remaining sections and topics Juho could add to his server space.
We can easily merge available posts and member profiles - no statistics or information need be lost.

Effectively this would mean all technical discussion would take place on TI Forums, whilst all other general and off topic discussion would be handled by Juho and his server - all profiles could be maintained on *both* boards if needed be.

I am really interested to hear some feedback on this, as i feel it is a very workable solution to the problem at hand.

cheers

blay

ten 28.04.2005 06:24 AM

I personally would prefer the whole lot on one board.

I come here several times a day, but the ti forum I goto every 3-5 days. Its just a pain having several boards for the same thing when really they offer nothing different from each other.

ten

blay 28.04.2005 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ten
I personally would prefer the whole lot on one board.

main problem - cost.
from Juho's previous posts I doubt he wants to take on the responsibilty of 15-20gig worth of traffic per month... and I doubt the webmaster of TI Forums wants anything to do with that bill either (but hey, maybe...)

Personally I think it would be good to have one board purely for virus technical discussion where perhaps access users and employees feel comfortable to contribute, and another where the rest of us freaks can dribble our bullshit and not offend anyone :wink:

I am happy to be involved in and be of assistance with both projects if need be.

cheers

blay

Hollowcell 28.04.2005 07:02 AM

I think it will be a pitty if the forum gets split into sections actually. I think if the TI forum wants the members, then it should take the lot - warts and all.

Personaly, regarding the censorship issue, if there is any censorship handed down for swearing or open opinions then it will suck no matter where the data base is. Too many forums are based around comercial viability - if people start knocking the sponsers (companies paying for advertising) then people will be restricted. What's the TI forum like in that respect?

Most of the people here (including myself alot of the time) will not go over easily on other forums - even Juho has chased many people away from this one with his "open views" - hehe. That's from here too!

Anyway, we will see what happens I guess. :cry:

ten 28.04.2005 07:32 AM

Yes, I do like the openess of this forum greatly. Its few and far between these days. My posts that got censored at the other place were not like 'OH MY GOD, HOW COULD HE' they just had a couple of profanitys and I can see that webmaster dude throwing his weight around a lot more overtime especially if the forum got bigger and handled more areas.

Again, I think one forum to rule them all is the way to go with free speech/views (unless someone gets totally out of line of course.) I would be happy to dontate a little bit every month towards the upkeep as im sure others would also.

ten

blay 28.04.2005 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Too many forums are based around comercial viability - if people start knocking the sponsers (companies paying for advertising) then people will be restricted. What's the TI forum like in that respect?

nobody pays for advertising on TI forums.
in fact access wouldnt even donate a tshirt to give away - the webmaster covers that himself, along with all other costs associated with hosting etc.

ten i think you downplayed your post a little - a fuck here and a shit there never hurt anyone ( 8O ) but we all know when we cross the line.
TI forums is a medium for free expression of ideas - as long as people can express their ideas with a pinch of reason ;)

if you are concerned about splitting up the forum, I will pass this on to WM and there is every chance he will foot the entire hosting bill to keep everything together....

regardless of the outcome i just hope this forum remains usable in some capacity. (you know youd all miss me too much otherwise).

cheers

blay

Juho L 28.04.2005 01:07 PM

Upgrading my webspace to be able to run the whole forum would cost about 80 euros. Not cheap, I say.

DIGITAL SCREAMS 28.04.2005 03:00 PM

Well look guys.....im more than happy to contribute a little bit of money to keep the forum alive. I think its important to have this resource as it benefits users and provides an outlet to express ideas and concerns.

If the decision is made to transfer over to the TI forum...then thats great. However, I find the UI of the TI forum a little confusing. Put it this way...its not as clearly laid out as this forum is. Blay....maybe you could do something about that?

I think its important to have all the Virus related threads right at the top of the page....and as you scroll down...you get the more general chat and off topic threads. The TI forum is laid out opposite to this....and everytime I visit I find myself getting a little confused and time consuming.

DS

3o3 28.04.2005 03:57 PM

Juho: ?80? That's not that much really - I could atleast give you ?20! Then it's only ?60 left to get some sponsors for.

Pff.. I am with HC here. I will not surrender to the other forum! The monkey stays

Juho L 28.04.2005 04:00 PM

How many of you guys are willing to donate?

DIGITAL SCREAMS 28.04.2005 04:03 PM

I am Juho....

DS

3o3 28.04.2005 04:12 PM

Me and Juho are looking for a solution. If we could use the webhotell i found it won't cost that much.

Sunesha 28.04.2005 05:53 PM

As I see it, this communtity dies if the database with all posts goes away. So thats main reason that I offering all posts. On the 13 may, this forum has been alive for 3 years. So it gots a good history. Thats why feel it be a bit sad kill it.

Hopefully someone else take it over. I always let the users decide where this forum goes. Because it gets friendlier and more fun that way. This forum has actually ran fine with that approach. I hope if someone take it over, it will be in the same way it will be ruled.

As we had very small fights here and simple rules...

cheers,
Daniel

Sunesha 28.04.2005 06:13 PM

I got two diffrent approachs to move this forum. As I suggest as this people will pledge their cases. As one of them will be given all the posts. Thank you for this offers, as I maybe not be so active in this forum I still always found pleasure and some laughs to read it when got time over.

As said before to get this forum off internet totally would surely make me sad. As I sometimes belive this communtity has grown friendship. The most fun thing for me is to see that people that sold their virus synths still hang around here years after they sold it. It brings much joy to been apart of this communtity. As never saw this place as mine place. It is the communtity that owns it. It is communtity that make the rules. You may have rules and hard moderators but you will always have people that speech their mind.

Their is only one big rule in life on internet I believe respect each other and gain respect. Be nice to each other and dont be ashole. Rudeness is a bad way to go. Thats how always moderated and thats I hope a future owner will have in mind.

I didnt like profantity at the begninning as I was afraid it will hurt people. But started to allow it on this forum as I saw people still respected each other.

Nah, I give up, just hard feeling to finally let it go.. I can write forever about this forum and how fun this place is.

Cheers,
Daniel

AlexHall74 28.04.2005 07:39 PM

Firstly, Thank you Daniel for all you have done; and best of luck to you!

Second, I wish to see the forum retained in its entirety.

Third I must say that there are some brilliant and funny people here that I have enjoyed learning from and conversing with.

I am in for contributing money to keep this puppy and its member base intact.

PM me when needed.

Cheers!

-Alex

3o3 28.04.2005 08:45 PM

I'll talk to Juho later on. Hopefully things will work out just fine

AlexHall74 28.04.2005 09:18 PM

Quote:

3o3 wrote:
I'll talk to Juho later on. Hopefully things will work out just fine
Strong arm him Sebastian!

Give him an Orugutang karate chop or something.

Do it for the people! :wink:

ten 28.04.2005 10:01 PM

count me in...

ten

3o3 29.04.2005 03:26 AM

Quote:

Give him an Orugutang karate chop or something.
Oh ah ah ah ah ah AH AH AH AH! (That was my impression of an chimpanse kick).

Nah. Me and Juho has some things to clear out first -> And what improvments we could make and so on.

blay 29.04.2005 03:36 AM

I think its great if we can have the forum stay exactly the way it is.

DS - in regard to functionality/usability of the other forum - sorry mate but from a design/features perspective TI forums is much better, its just that you are not used to it.
I agree the layout would have benefitted by placing all access related topics first - unfortunately i didnt have the final say on this.
The server we host on is *solid* - it never disappears.
'Posts since last visit' will not disappear during a session until you want them to.
The 'my assistant feature' can be left open at all times on your desktop, making most recent posts accessible from anywhere in the page.
When posting/messaging, there is an assistant for inserting links/urls.
These are just a few features that may be a little different to get use to, but i can guarantee you will appreciate.

The webmaster of TI forums is prepared to host this whole board, and cover the bill himself.
Sunesha has expressed that he is quite happy to hand it over - but as he says, it is up to us members.
The forum can remain virusforums, although of course the domain would change.
Perhaps we should go to a poll? :wink:
I would just hate to see the forum go down because juho ends up with a monster ISP bill when everyone bails on him...
...and i think the priority for all of us is that the forum remains in some format - we all need our little scratching post :wink:

cheers

blay

3o3 29.04.2005 06:03 AM

Well - I've found a webhotel that charge; 45:- SEK / month for a 500MB space + unlimited traffic.

45:- SEK = ~ ?4.5 / 7,94AUD / $6,26 / 664,35 Yen. Like I said before me and Juho is trying to work out a plan. Unfortantly Juho decided that it was Beer-time yesterday and.. Err.. I admit i had a few myself.