The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Official TI presets demo! (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=25242)

ben crosland 15.03.2005 01:52 PM

Official TI presets demo!

Thought this deserved a new thread..

Click the link on the front page of the access home page

Enjoy 8)

DIGITAL SCREAMS 15.03.2005 01:58 PM

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im listening to it now.....

DS 8)

DIGITAL SCREAMS 15.03.2005 02:03 PM

Really nice sounds in there Ben! I can hear myself doing some really 80's stuff with that wavetable! Hyper saw sounds fat lol.....

DS

MADSTATION 15.03.2005 02:20 PM

Is this for real? I can't believe it!

I havent even listened yet..I mean, this is surreal! hah

EnjoyRC 15.03.2005 02:25 PM

I hate this demo :wink: he he he he

The sounds are so cool... and I don't have my TI yet....

What a tease!!!

DIGITAL SCREAMS 15.03.2005 02:31 PM

Is it me or does the wavetable sound bloody good!

DS

MADSTATION 15.03.2005 02:33 PM

Oh my god, the sequence and the sound at 3:03 kills me. I so can see Ben's face moving on this one. Awesome stuff.

Damn that synth has attitude.
I'm not disapointed in the trance thing that starts at 0:40 seconds or so, but I'm not all that excited for some reason. I kinda sounds a bit generic, I would have prefered to hear this dry to really see how clean this is supposed to sound!

Good job
:)

ben crosland 15.03.2005 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADSTATION
Oh my god, the sequence and the sound at 3:03 kills me. I so can see Ben's face moving on this one. Awesome stuff.

You need to imagine Marc's face for a more accurate recreation of the moment that sequence was played ;)

marc 15.03.2005 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MADSTATION

Damn that synth has attitude.
I'm not disapointed in the trance thing that starts at 0:40 seconds or so, but I'm not all that excited for some reason. I kinda sounds a bit generic, I would have prefered to hear this dry to really see how clean this is supposed to sound!

Good job
:)

the hoover sound is certainly not the most innovative sound ... well, it is a hoover sound ;)

the interesting bit is that there is not much effect on it at all. in fact it is the long release time that sounds like a reverb. recording it, i had so many voices to my disposal that for the first time playing a virus it felt like i didn't need to take polyphony into consideration at all.

it took 5 hrs to record all the demos. it was fun and inspiring. to be honest, much more fun than doing demos in the recent years because you can feel that something fundamentally has been added to the sound of the virus. i'm looking forward to do more demos and once we loads of sound designers on the case we will know how deep the rabbit hole really goes.

another eye opener i had with the production was the power of only one of the new oscillators. there for instance is a belly pad which sounds perfectly cool and expected but after a short while another character adds to the sound. the bells are wavetables created by the first oscillator and the addition is a high passed very broad hypersaw that sounds so lush that i needed to check if it's really just one oscillator.

another cool thing that probably got lost within all that specs about the TI is that when you switch a patch and you hold the notes the TI actually plays the old patch as long as you hold the notes while new notes are being played with the new sound. and this goes for the FX (including reverb and delay) as well. the old patch continues to have its dedicated delay/reverb setting and does not interfere with the new sound at all

best, marc

hatembr 15.03.2005 06:12 PM

$$$$ $$$$ $$$$ $$$$