View Single Post
Old 15.10.2006, 12:01 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Dont really know what to say HC, besides... thanks!

Im glad you picked on the bass (pardon the pun) cause I think most of it is average - Im pretty lazy with basslines, mainly because my focus is to start a live act where someone would be playing bass... its no excuse though, cause at some point I will have finalise mixes for hardcopy.

I have a friend moving with me to Cairns - he has been drumming for 18 years and is probably the best percussionist I have ever met - the two of us will form the core of a live act that will be able to draw on a number of musos we know to perform the various elements live...

Im sending off a demo for rainbow serpant festival tomoro - so wish me luck. My entire group of friends back in Melbourne are already on the bill, so I dont feel like being the odd one out this time

..and of course any comparison to Massive Attack on any level is a huge compliment - although I dont feel that the soundscapes I create are overly influenced by them - a lot of people get their hackles up when they are told they sound like someone else, but in this case it could be much worse

In regards to vocals - you may have heard the vocals at the start of bent empire - that was me drunken on a NT3 on the last night in my house in Melbourne... never again. If anyone knows a decent vocalist willing to collaborate on a chill project please let me know...

Thanks again for the reviews guys - your opinions are valued and motivating...

cheers

Pete