View Single Post
Old 04.10.2013, 09:58 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Welcome to the forum!

Incidently I actually happened to make a patch a while ago that is reminiscent of a steel drum. I'll share it.

http://www.infekted.org/timo/patches...-A001-Timo.MID

Back up your patches beforehand, as I have no idea which patch slot it will upload to (although I reckon it will be A001) as I have an older Indigo and used SoundDiver to export it.

Anyway, it's most effective when you play two melodic notes loosely at the same time, just as you would a real steel drum (using two sticks in tandem).

Top tip: In general, though, I found you can pretty much easily turn any patch into a steel drum-type timbre by changing all oscillator waveforms to PCM Wave 16. The harmonic content of that waveform seems to fit that metallic attribute. You can try other PCMs too, altering the octaves on each oscillator, and mixing the harmonics.

In otherwords, steer clear of the usual generic saw/sq waves, use the PCM waves instead.

Hope this helps.