View Single Post
Old 19.12.2008, 07:20 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monobeat View Post
That's too bad because my Virus TI is always out of time... I love the sound, I HATE the timing.

Especially when I output my Arp notes.... The notes are 100% all over the place, they never sit in the same place twice.

I still love my Virus.
I know exactly how you feel, amazing synth that has issues. With me I don't often use that many parts so I suppose I don't push the VC/Synth integration too much, but the other day I made this Chord Arp, Very simple single modulation of the formant shift on one osc, lfo was set to monophonic. When I played it back in standalone mode sounded great, cycling up and down. In Logic and VC the playback turned the modulation into a random event. Very frustrating. The hope was that sometimes it did work ok, so I'm thinking maybe it's Logic, but I don't know.

I also find if I use the filter env to modulate the filter env decay (ie:recursive modulation) that If I play a couple of notes it sounds really great with a tight attack. If I add another part the attack portion randomly skips it's decay.

In a way it reminds me of my old Roland JV2080. Sounded great on it's own, start sequencing with it, and all sorts of timing delays and envelope problems came to show.

I love my TI to bits, I hope there will be a fix

Mike