View Single Post
Old 07.11.2008, 05:39 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

We're all good Summa. I thought you were going to criticise without contributing anything. Must have thought I was on the MPC forums. Back to the discussion ... Yikes, where do I even start to quote the quoted quotes? Hope these makes sense. I'm just quoting your reply and keeping this as short as I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post
This might be intentionally to make sure the user has less problems fitting the synth into the mix and probably has nothing to do with DAC or the corresponding amp

I'd guess this is a engine generated effect, you tested the S/P-DIF and USB Output for comparison?
Actually, I don't see any reason why you can't have DC from digital or analog outputs if there's no DC decoupling in the analog output stage. I assume this is a discreet stage output of the DAC chip but that could be my ignorance.

I've sampled the S/PDIF into several sampling workstations, direct optical. Its always the same result AND not just the TI. The waveform of low bass notes is obviously low cut visually. You really should be able to have a perfect 20Hz saw wave coming out of the TI if you really want one.

Perhaps all my sampling workstations are all at fault here?

Quote:
Well, if its a shielding and cabling problem you'd probably hear hum or clock emissions, but this wouldn't have that much influence on the character of the synth.
Yes, hum and clock noise are NOT synth character And there's certainly neither coming out of the TI

Quote:
I posted that the differences between the DACs are that subtile, that slight level differences would have an higher impact on the character of the output.
I'm intrigued by this idea but I just don't understand it. The only slight differences I can imagine would be similar to eq. And you might be able to compensate for that with eq in the DAW. Can you give an example (non TI example is fine)

Cheers,
BF