View Single Post
Old 29.08.2010, 12:23 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

It's simply a matter of personal preference.

I have probably on of the most powerful Macs in the world, yet the only AU/VSTi's I own are Massive and Albino. Neither can step close to the Virus ... and I'm not talking about processor speeds or ram.

One of the great aspects about the Virus is the sound. It has a unique sound, something that no other synth or VSTi can replicate. The sound quality is awesome.

Think about it logically. Access are a small company. But, the Virus is one of the most sought after synths in the world and they continue to sell out. The majority of people buying the Virus know why they want it. The buyers are not stupid.

The people that complain, are the people that failed to do the research in the first place. They didn't really need the virus, and now they have wasted their money they go on a ranting spree. I can bet money on it those users have never purchased a piece of software in their life.

Creating a sound on a synth is not just about selecting a waveform, wavetable, and fiddling with the envelopes. If you love synths as much as I do, you spend hours creating that perfect sound. I don't know about anyone else but I want that power at my fingertips. Every aspect of the virus does it's job perfectly.

I'm a fanatic.

Refactor the question to say "Why do you prefer the Virus over VSTi's". At the end of the day it boils down to why you like it and nobody else.