View Single Post
Old 29.07.2013, 10:18 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
I'm pretty sure Dave is an American.
My 'tongue-in-cheek' rant of late on first-hand observation and in-use build quality. Know someone that bought sub phatty and they made a great synth with the most craptastic keys slapped onto it (two whole octaves; would think it to be better than a 1930's typewriter), and another whom has new MS20-mini in which pots are failing already and seems to be more common than random...so yeah, I am pretty sure Dave is American and implying perhaps he is an American-German-Descent in paying attention to build quality 'above the fray'. Sorry for perhaps odd attempt at humor...craptastic keys just are totally unacceptable! Would a guitarist accept a brand new Gibson with nylon strings? Kinda the same difference and know this is *way* off-topic but to get back on the tracks; one would have to examine how midi implementation was done on the Tempest because a lot of DSI synths use sys ex and even NRPN to achieve enormous range of parameters to totally side-step stepping when turning a knob rather than having to use a modifier as a work around via midi. The father of midi has even stated midi simply does not offer enough range due to it not evolving. (the Prophet 12 has a soundtower editor available for extra $79. that is said to offer immediate midi sys ex nrpn conversion to every parameter under the hood) So there's another gripe I guess...three grand and must pay even more for editor???

On-Topic: The Virus Ti and Elektron Octatrack as well as Machinedrum can be found on youtube happily playing well with each other as an alternative because unlike the Tempest, with those machines you can apply parameter locks indeed to Ti parameters.