View Single Post
Old 16.06.2009, 01:04 AM
Pro
Pro

I live in Perth, WA, and the prices for the Virus TI retail were sitting on 5.17 AU retail, best knockdown was 4.5 or so for a Polar or Keyboard version.

I dreamed about it for 3 months, worked a job where I would stand in the cold from 4am-2pm every day in a hospital parking lot during the middle of winter working 7 days a week, dreaming about the Virus.

I bought a new Polar from an ebay seller from America for 2.7AU, after a long nervous week and a half and import taxes and shipping, all up it cost me 3.1AU.

I then got a converter plug for it, processed to nervously turn it on and - BOOM - all the lights flashed white. Scared the absolute shit out of me, I thought I had somehow blown it.

Never had a problem with it bar a dodgy USB cable, and never thought I could get such deep sounds out of a synth. I was new to synthesis having mostly used workstations like XV5080, Triton Extreme, and currently an M3. My M3 is collecting dust now.

And since I've hooked it up to my new addition, Sherman Filterbank 2, the sound is so incredibly fat its almost scary.