View Single Post
Old 06.12.2020, 04:01 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
consider Windows for your DAW host

Lol

and does the latest OS run the TI software?

I have an old laptop that will do the job but that is not the point. The point is access are still selling this thing and it doesn't work. They are the ones with the most 'don't give a fuckness'...like they ever had.
Yeah, the latest Windows OS runs the TI software fine and can run most DOS software from the 80's if you wanted it to. If the laptop is old you might run into issues between the laptop hardware and later versions of the OS, but even if so Windows is still light years beyond Apple with regard to backward compatibility.

I get what you're saying about Access, they should update their software but by now everyone knows what's up with them. That's why my general advice is to bail on the software for anything other than an editor/librarian, supposedly it works for that under Big Sur.

It's just that Apple is the undisputed king of planned obsolescence, and breaking the OS to facilitate selling you something new. Combine that planned obsolescence mentality of Apple with the sitting-on-a-corncob mentality of Kemper, and you have a recipe for disaster and basically the opposite of a stable music making environment. And it's only going to get worse with the new Apple processors.