Thread: Mopho x4
View Single Post
Old 15.10.2012, 10:24 PM
Pro
Pro

I am so sorry that I am enabling your bad case of GAS....LOL!!!! I think that you will find that since a mono evolver desktop's 4 oscillator structure totally fooled a buddy of mine into thinking I had a new "poly-crazy-synth/sequencer", that just as MANY other people often even forget it's "mono" because of it's very unique stereo/twin path within it's signal paths! I have a buddy in Southern USA that has a PolyEvolver and he actually could never fathom a fifth voice and often finds four almost difficult to tame, when he wants to....if you can go PLAY one somewhere I think you would easily see where 4 voices multiplied by 4 oscillator's EACh that can individually rather than globally routed to anything--is hardly a limitation. I totally agree with you on the Prophet 8...years ago I had an SCI Poly 600 and I have to tell you THAT is much better than the Pro 8 other than the Pro 8 having a better sequencer--in "better" I am meaning in "sound" rather than number or modulation routings, etc.
On the subject of "THUNDERBOLT connections", I actually am wondering why USB 3 is not being exploited by audio interfaces, etc., let alone external drives utilizing eSATA connections. I think it comes down to Capitalism in a negative way because it does not really benefit the PC Mfr's to make full use of faster connections when they continue to keep the data transfer/read rates WELL below what is actually quite possible...that's WHY they use the verbage, "up to 6 GBs transfer speed"...it's a form of legal disclaimer keeping people sucking the teats of deliberately slow connections in use. So, based on THAT hypothesis/theory, I wonder if Thunderbolt will end up in same pile of crap not utilized such as USB 3 or even eSATA, which is faster than USB 3 in most "bench tests" but then again, any bench test is also squed by whatever they continue to use to compare to. My AMD+ processor for DAW is actually more efficient with it's six cores unlocked than ANY of the Intel's they commonly compare to. Also, if say Apple owns propriatory rights to Thunderbolt, that traslates to ANY product being sky-higher in price to pay apple their bite (mind the pun). Rant over and sorry if your GAS is out of control with my inadvertant enabling.

Last edited by namnibor : 16.10.2012 at 12:22 AM.