View Single Post
Old 08.12.2012, 10:39 PM
Infektion taking hold...

As discussed in another thread, you and I have very similar set-ups, and more. I had a MoPho kb, but sold it to a bandmate, and replaced it with an MEK, which is beyond awesome a mono synth. Also have a Little Phatty, (my 2nd- sold the 1st one), a Blofeld kb which I also love to death, and a Virus KB. Of the 4 currently, the Blofeld is my most used polysynth, and an absolute joy to dig in and synthesize- the mod matrix is so intelligently laid out, it's a breeze going through each of the 16 modulation slots- and the sound can be anything from lush and sparkly, all the way to crude and vicious. The Phatty does basses and solo's, and sounds, well, like a Moog. MEK can do all that, plus crazy stuff, especially with the sequencer. Sometimes it runs wild while I'm playing something else on another synth. Then, there's my Virus KB, which I love, but if one had to go, this would be the one. Great as it is, between it and Mr Blo, well, what I said about tweaking the Waldorf is true, and Virus is much more challenging. May have to keep all 4, but my music room is crowded with basses/guitars/ amps/pedalboards- I need room. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.