View Single Post
Old 11.04.2016, 01:51 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

My colloquial usage of bouncing a track has always been simply getting the track out of MIDI and into an audio clip, not necessarily internal (non-real-time) rendering like a software synth provides, so by that definition yes you can bounce with the Virus. Not saying my definition is necessarily right, just clarifying how I've probably used the term a gazillion times across this forum.. lol

It sometimes makes sense to render output to an audio file, however you do it, even with outboard gear simply for better control over timing, to tweak send FX in realtime for a subsequent bounce (modularizing the track), etc. Unless it's to solve a particular issue (such as timing, CPU resources etc) then it's really just another production technique. Sometimes I like to do it just because it encourages the mindset of "okay this part is done, move on to the next and don't screw with it unless truly necessary".

Just a workflow step to help me get closer instead of spending infinite amounts of time perfecting one small aspect (something I'm badly prone to do).