View Single Post
Old 10.06.2012, 12:53 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
Snow is a half DSP TI. OR TI is a double DSP snow.
If you want thick chords say with unison of at least 3 voices then you will hit the wall with 3 to 4 parts playing chords on TI. I would think a snow would voice out with much less parts.
Right, I get the half DSP difference between the Snow and Desktop and the 4 part vs 16 part (or patches) bit... but using one or two (or even four) simple patches with minimal delay/reverb/unison, C/R and ADSR tweaking to create a sound, when it comes to this style of chord and the amount of notes, wondering just how limited the Snow is? I mean I wouldn't be using uber complex patches (at least not the ones I create) with loads and loads of FX drenching the sound.. or trying to layer bass, lead, pads, FX etc. all in one go... I'm after simple, but big clean House style pad chord sounds.

With the Snow I'm kind of expecting that once I'm happy with a sound or part in the mix, if I want to use the Virus for other parts, I'll save the patch and midi and bounce to audio for further mix editing if necessary, freeing up the Virus to focus on something else. I certainly don't expect to do full on songs all inclusive with the snow (or the Desktop for that matter), at least not without bouncing parts to audio all along the way. -does this seem like a normal workflow for the Snow or have I got it all wrong?)...

Unfortunately, there are no shops in my area to test drive units so I'm relying on demos and user advice to make my decision.