View Single Post
Old 10.06.2012, 01:23 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarPabl View Post
If you activate 3 oscillators, sub oscillators and a bunch of effects, I think you can easily get 10 notes of polyphony out of the Virus TI Snow.

If you just plan to use a single Program (not 4 Parts) you can have your chords even with the most complex Programs. Even by using the 4 Parts you can get enough polyphony, just making wise usage of the DSP Resources.

Consider the Desktop if you really need to use several ultra complex Programs or you need to use more than 4 Parts on Multi mode.
Right on, thanks for the info.

I assumed that fairly basic individual basses, leads, FX would be no problem at all with the Snow... just concerned with trying to do big (4-8 note) chord pad/pluck type sounding progressions might cause problems. Seems not. If I'm working on a part by part basis in a song, 4 different parts or patches on the Snow to create one sound seems like more than enough.. I mean how many patches actually use 5-16 different parts in a sound? is that common? Wondering if any Snow users run into problems with soundsets available for Virus?