View Single Post
Old 04.04.2005, 10:38 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

yea i heard the juno 60 was better. i saw 1 or 2 on ebay but they were in pretty beat up shape. i also heard they are more reliable than the 106s which always seem to have voice chip problems.

i heard from someone over at the somethingawful forums that people with tip top shape junos tend not to let go of them. the ones floating around ebay for sub ?200 i was told to approach with caution and ask about the elusive/dud 6th voice.

i ruled out the jupiters at the start - they always start higher than my budget and rule number 1 of budgeting - dont even THINK about going over budget.

also is the JX-10 the daddy version of the JX-8P? JX-8Ps go for cheaper than junos.

right now im inclined to agree that 1 VA is enough. it tends to function well as a workhorse synth. good for the stock stuff. now im more interested in broadening my sonic palette and looking for sounds which are for all intents and purposes, impossible to achieve on the synth ive got. at some point a sample playback synth would be awesome. unfortunately v-synth is out of my price range for the foreseeable future.

thanks for the advice so far - ive bookmarked those links. mucho reading to do.