View Single Post
Old 03.08.2005, 08:48 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantik
since a few month i am into 80s electronics and like to listen to a lot of tunes from this era. and have a lot ideas about transforming the 80s formulars into 2005 dancemusic which is realy realy connected imo.
and know a see a forum and many people share the opinion! nice too see. its a way to go..
well, i believe that the advance of classic analogsounds of the 80s is less the sound itself, it comes more with with the lines (1/8 arppegio for example) in combination with the open and honesty played drumsets and the less of overused effects. its all naturally and a little bit rough, thats why i like it very much. and thats why it works good on people imo.
Oh no I dont believe it....someone here apart from me has realised the secret formula of where to take progressive dance music for the next 10 years.

I agree on 80's song composition....but I place GREAT emphasis on the synth sounds used when trying to describe 80's music. Here, check these two 80's videos out 1) Howard Jones 'What is Love' and 2) Howard Jones 'New Song'

Alternatively, listen to some 80's Genesis, Madonna, Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran, Simple Minds, Tears for Fears, Thompson Twins etc etc for some great synth sounds. Also, listen to some early 80's breakdance or hip hop and it sounds very fresh.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....