View Single Post
Old 06.07.2014, 03:06 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Yes, the patches I used were completely off. Part of the reason I didn't try to faithfully reproduce the actual sounds from the track was because I had left Cubase open with a couple of patches I was working on for something else, so I didn't even bother trying to locate similar patches or recreate them from memory. Naively, I thought it would either be identified, or the title would pop into my head within a day or two -- later I realized I might have been better off at least conveying the warble lead as the track was harder to identify than I thought.

To me melodies are always what stay in my head as the identifiable element more than the actual sounds used (i.e., playing a particular song's melody on a different instrument results in a greater likeness of the track than using the same patches to play a different melody).

But yes, it is kind of an obscure track. I searched around for details about "LaRrissa" and didn't find much, so I'm guessing kind of a one-hit wonder (and an underground hit at that). I've heard it at a couple of places 10-12 years ago, but more recently I think that particular club is the only place I've heard play it.

Will check out Shazam too, thanks.