View Single Post
Old 02.03.2009, 11:21 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Hi there.

I will have a go for you! Last year I upgraded my Mac and due to space constraints etc have put most of my gear out of the way. I used to use a MOTU 828mk2 which I still have, but I find most of the time the Virus TI's output is good enough for my needs. Whether this is for you is another thing! What I do know is that the Virus TI is 16 Bit 44/48 Khz when running as an interface. As you may expect from that, you have a little less headroom than a 24 Bit Motu. I just put a TRacks Limiter on the output bus to be sure!

I'm very happy with my TI Polar as a controller, it has 32 templates to set up midi controllers and I don't ever find myself wanting more control, but, that may be different for you.

I would say a Polar or a TI kb would be the best bang for buck for you. RE:the midi guitar thing - I don't have any experience running that, but I often get one of my beloved synths down from the attic and run midi from the TI to them. I had a few issues on an earlier virus OS with stuck notes, but now it all seems fine. If you want to run more I would get another Midi interface (I have my AMT8 for such times which is rock solid on timing for me.)