View Single Post
Old 20.10.2015, 04:16 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

If I understand correctly, you want just want to hear multiple parts played as one? The quick and flexible way is just to enable monitoring on the track so that you hear them (quick) by clicking the speaker icon on each track, and copy the MIDI data to the tracks you want the final output on (flexible). Most folks would want that flexibility, because for example sending automation to one part, then sending the exact same MIDI data to a second part (which is programmed to respond differently to that MIDI data) would not make much sense. So copying the MIDI notes to the individual tracks gives you a lot of flexibility in what to do with each part beyond just the note data itself (modifying individual velocity or other data as it makes sense for that part).

The alternative would be to change the MIDI channel of each patch to the same one the initial MIDI track is assigned to. If you find out how to do that one please let me know! lol.. I can't see that Virus Control lets you do this at all at least on the Snow version of the plugin, which I thought was odd. I'm pretty sure this can be done in multi-mode but it won't let me go there while VC is active.

Another workaround if you really wanted this is to do something with MIDI sends. I don't know if Cubase does this out of the box but there are plugins that let you forward MIDI data from one to another.