View Single Post
Old 08.04.2012, 02:56 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Thumbs up I have no regrets with MIDI Controller + Snow

Yes I can easily use the Snow directly (minimum 3 simultaneous parameters to edit at once) or I can use the Snow with the Novation (more like a "Desktop experience") with several knobs, sliders to edit and little direct usage of the Snow.

Regarding ease of use, with Snow (and no controller) you may need to plan ahead which parameters you wish to edit, and then you set soft knobs to them. You can also enter the "Edit mode" so you can always select the group you want to edit. It's advisable to try "Easy mode" so you get the "most important" parameters. However, I must say that the best bet is to configure a MIDI Controller to map as many parameters as you can (need) because the many menu layers can be too deep to effectively tweak the Programs realtime. With a properly configured MIDI Controller, my usage experience is great and I have no issues to quickly tweak the Programs live, near the same experience I have with Polar. I really like the Novation keybed, and it has several knobs/sliders/buttons to map which work great for me.

There's only one thing you can't edit without the Virus Control: the user defined Arpeggiator patterns. BTW, this limitation is also present with Desktop/Polar/Keyboard versions.

And it's true that this synth and generally speaking the whole Virus models: you can use all of them without the computer and you have every single parameter and feature available, except for the Arpeggiator patterns.

Last edited by MarPabl : 08.04.2012 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Answer