View Single Post
Old 01.03.2006, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Orange
... oh yeah, and the fact that you have 16 completely independent effects on 16 voices is one of the greatest features of the TI. Sharing an effects section has always been such a drawback of multitimbral synths, and it is indeed a joy to work with true multitimbrility (is there such a word?) at last.

Mr O
Yes, that's what I am so excited about too. Like many people, I've been working with multitimbral synths for as long as they've been available, and this is something I've wanted for a long time.

I just called the music store and had them put the Polar on hold for me - I am going to pick it up in the morning, and find a reason to leave work early.

I guess the whole Virus Control thing could be interesting, but unless I am missing something it's just not that compelling. I am a "home hobbyist" with a computer, audio and MIDI interfaces, etc. The TI's internal effects should be just fine for me. I can always record important parts on to separate tracks and EQ them while mixing (which is what I do anyway).

I can't wait to get my Polar! No doubt my Indigo will be up on eBay soon....

MW