View Single Post
Old 17.11.2022, 10:39 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Apologies for my absence. Don't worry I have not left the planet, but thanks for your concern. In Sept. I did indeed fund the forum for another 12 months in the tiny flicker of hope that Access address the Virus crowd given the hardware synth resurgence.

A few days after the initial thread post I had a lens transplant in one eye which, although it allows you to see long distance, it kills your ability to focus up close, and had to wait months to wait for the lens to settle down and then get glasses to correct it to be able to read anything. Unfortunately I still need to have further laser correction, and then go through the same thing again with the other eye. Pretty much unheard of to have double cataracts at the age of 43! Also expensive stuff, as the NHS is otherwise ƒúx3d.

Been also struggling massively with my health, neurological/physical stuff, which although non-critical is ongoing and tough to resolve, it's left me knackered a lot of the time, especially with the medication that goes with it.

Using computers considerably less as a consequence, and separately have often been away from home without internet the last year, hence when I can I tend to log on and clear the logjam of Russian spambots attempting to register, of which there have been thousands, and keep it at least functional and totally spam-free.

My passion for the Virus despite crappy health remains undimmed, hence keeping this place up. I still play and enjoy music when possible but sadly using less Virus at the moment as my Indigo is requiring PCB repair (is currently unusable) and my only keyboard is a Korg synth, so using that to control my TI-Snow which, having just 6 knobs and a thousand menus, is less intuitive for standalone hardware usage so I tend to end up using the Korg standalone moreso. Hope to get around to doing the Indigo PCB repair soon.

I'm absolutely open to bringing on a vice-admin if you're techy and see what we can do with the resource. As mentioned, surgery has left me skint, so I'm limited to increased funding this end (I'm currently out of work).

Will post more soon. Got a stinker of a cold at the mo.
Thanks again