View Single Post
Old 11.08.2009, 11:11 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

So sad, since 3.0.4 is impossible to make work VC with Reaper. Same for 3.0.5... it will never "link" with the VirusTI...

UPDATE:
I figured out that basically the VirusControlVST, with Reaper, is unable to put the hardware unit in the -SEQ MODE- so you have to do it manually holding together the two buttons MULTI/SINGLE. Doing that you get the VirusControlVST to communicate correctly with the hardware. SADLY this is only the begin of the hell.
Until you make one single automation lane over any knob you are kinda safe, when you make the 2nd one for another parameter (any parameter, both VST or CC messages) HELL COMES ON EARTH. The sound goes on frenzy and the hardware unit screams.

UPDATE 2 (IMPORTANT! CUBASE SLUGGISH GUI issue maybe found!):

Found out that is a GUI redrawing issue of the VST... Crazy but if i close the VC window the sound and automations works perfectly!
If i reopen it back the sound starts again to scream...
I attached the Reaper project showing the issue quite clearly. Just open the FX chain for the VirusTI channel and press the -UI- button (Reaper have the feature to disable, on request, the GUI of the VST, disabling it there is no issue with the VC but it becomes clearly unusable. click that button and the GUI of the VC comes back)
I think the issue is that the VC is asking excessive redrawing of the controls when it receives "automation commands" from the host (probably for syncronization?).
Marc or someone at Access could check it,
I DEFINITELY think this is the cause of "sluggish GUI" that affects also Cubase.
Attached Files
File Type: zip VirusTI_UIcrack.zip (5.5 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by drakeblood : 12.08.2009 at 01:41 AM. Reason: update