View Single Post
Old 16.02.2006, 04:16 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Default Re: am i understanding this correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpnyc
if i use the USB connection (w/ VC) i'm only getting 16bit "outs"... yet if i use the L/R audio outs i get 24bit output? is it possible to use the usb connectoin for midi/VC and the L/R outs for audio!? no!?
This is exactly what I would like to do at this point (Use the Analog Outs instead of the USB audio), but have the VC and Midi Available to edit and trigger the TI via USB. (Is this possible ? Now ? or in the future ?)

The TI's sounds so much better when using the analog outputs, the audio stream coming through the USB out sounds more metallic, kind of the ugly digital type, it lacks the smoothness, richness, and warmth of the analog outs.

Why did Access do this ? why isn't USB audio 24 bit ? I think this is a big compromise on sound quality, which is priority #1 at the price paid for the TI, plus it is suposed to be able to emulate the analog sound, but with digital sound at 16 bit I find it more digital in character.

If I could use the VC and still have the TI output sound via it's analog outs, I would do it.

Still debating wheather to continue using the TI with VC via USB, or use it just like an older virus C,B,.. via analog.