View Single Post
Old 20.03.2015, 12:22 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Could well be a reflection of the product in todays market environment. The Virus hasn't been updated for a good while now, it's effectively depreciating compared to the native based competition given CPU and software advances in the last few years, and also feature-wise in terms of current EDM production practices. The prices start to look a little steep as a result.

To keep sales up, you can't keep flogging the same product for more than a few years and expect to command the same top-end price without updating it, especially in the computer software and hardware world, but any such lower price would likely stimulate demand in the interim.

Great no doubt the Kemper Profiling Amps are, from my lowly external visual point looking in I can't help fear that Virus development has suffered somewhat as a result. However at least hardware wise, the Virus has few serious competitors, Access possibly feel they can get away with riding on the coat tails for a while.

Alternatively they could of course be squirrelling away and working hard at Access HQ ready to defy the world with an earth-shaking successor to the TI2, and if so I'd be the first in the queue.