View Single Post
Old 02.05.2013, 02:55 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Heh.... well GAS syndrome may not be over for me yet for the year 2013. This is the year of a complete revamp of my home studio, so the expenditures were inevitable. This is a neglected project that is now getting its due attention Realistically there will probably not be too much more hardware added to the mix. The UltraNova was more of an experiment to see how well "integrated hardware" would play with my current workflow... I think of it sort of like a lower cost mono-timbral Virus with some cool real-time playing options I wouldn't get any other way. There may however be a Virus joining the flock sometime soon, or maybe a Prophet 12, or maybe a Poly Evolver or something else to scratch the hardware itch.

That said, there is probably no single hardware device out there that is going to come close to matching the overall music making capability of the items that make up Komplete, and not at the price point or even ten times that.

My overall cost for K9U + Maschine is significantly lower than retail... paid $400 for Maschine then did the Crossgrade for Maschine owners to K9U for $750 for $1150 before shipping and such. I can't get a Snow for that!

I'm definitely glad all that comes on a hard drive though. I still haven't installed Omnisphere just because its so many DVDs and hours of swapping (need to get that started... maybe today actually).

I will say I'm finally getting close to getting the studio set up where I can just sit down and make music again. Yesterday I got some of my project templates created in Cubase (i.e. the templates that help you sit down and just fire up the DAW and go, rather than starting from scratch setting up /routing connections, adding same plug-in tracks and labeling them and crap like that).

Komplete should be here tomorrow, so hopefully all that will be installed by the weekend.