View Single Post
Old 10.11.2012, 01:20 PM
Pro
Pro

Default DSI Mono Evolver Keyboard

Wanted to know if anyone else has DSI Evolver(s) in set-up? Have owned the Desktop Evolver for a bit and wanted the extra hands-on control of all parameters the Mono Evolver Keyboard offers and to polychain for duophonic/4 real analog DCO's and 4 digital osc's with FM, Ring Mod, and all the wavetables of the Prophet VS.
The Mono Evolver keyboard was discontinued in June this year and because it's going to be a future classic, prices will go nowhere but up so snatched one that matches my desktop one in that it has Prophet 8 knobs--58 of them, plus 30+ switches! These have a true stereo pathway and output as well as L/R stereo external input like our Virus. However, running the Evolver THRU my Virus KB or KC to use effects and extra filtering is pure DELIGHT! Kind of alien abduction-like because time seems to fly-by when diving deep in programming because the Evolver has 4 LFO's, with ability to modulate anything with everything. Thought I'd share my findings with this genius of Dave Smith. Once I have some finished tracks from newly put togethr home studio, will start a SoundCloud account and post. The 16x4 sequencer can ALSO work as a modulation/wav sequencer, with ability to have each step as far away from previous step as you can think of with no glitching.