View Single Post
Old 10.11.2012, 02:33 PM
Pro
Pro

Yes, the desktop's interface has never been an issue for me as it's very simialr to alot of Waldorf gear. The Mono Evolver Keyboard (MEK hereafter) is night and day difference in the immediacy to ALL tweaking madness and FYI the three ocatve velocity/aftertouch keys are REALLY NICE! Using aftertouch as one of plethora of mod sources is also incredibly responsive! Having now polychained two beasts with the MEK controlling the desktop, when isolating the coupled 4 DCO real analog osc's, I dare to say duophonic actually BEATS the sound of the Mopho hands-down!
Thought I'd add that in an alternative set-up where using midi rather than polychaining the two for sonic madness, when not using the polychain 5-pin midi extra port, it acts as a fully SECOND MIDI OUT!!! Talk about versatility!! If you DO get a MEK, make sure your Desktop Evolver has been upgraded to O.S. 3.0, which required either a do it yourself exchange of an eprom/pic for $25. and then a sysex/midi O.S. update. This wa done to maintain backwards compatibility and also places the same soundsets on it that the MEK/PEK have and also adds ALOT of midi cc controllable parameters whereas version on desktop previously was primarily sysex. DSI will do this update for the $25. plus shipping as well--FYI in case you are not updated.
I really believe the Evolver is a nice match-up with ANY Virus!
What did you think when you first listened to "Dream Sweets" program and it's preset assigned sequence of Eurythmics' "Sweet Dreams"??? Blew me away from just ONE evolver! I truely is hard to believe at times it's actually monophonic but when you see the twin stereo signal flow, in all it's complexity, it's actually very simple. Hope you can get a MEK to add to your desktop in future!