Thread: The Church
View Single Post
Old 04.01.2015, 04:50 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Default The Church

The Church can't even be classified as a synth band (only moderate keyboard use, as you'll see if you look for the Juno G here), but they were one of my absolute favorite bands from the 80s, and the Starfish album is in my top favorite LPs of all time, and that's saying a lot up against some of the greats.

This live performance isn't going to convert you into a fan of them if you've never heard of them before, but if you ever owned the Starfish album you'll enjoy it. Performing live effectively and memorably is much harder than producing a good studio track, which is why it's not a great link to learn about the band for the first time, but I still felt the need to post since I think there are some folks my age here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KteMx3AWems

These days in my car, I have a little USB stick that plugs in under the armrest and contains most of my canned music. When I browse through it looking for something good (knowing I wont have much time to listen because I don't drive as many hours per day as I used to), there are about ten bands that I continually choose, and that's among about 32 GB of MP3s on a stick. This band is one of the ones I always go back to.