View Single Post
Old 06.02.2009, 01:44 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talos View Post
I agree totally, I think Access strategy works really well for them and us the customers.

Every year since release the TI has had significant and useful features added, this has made what I thought was an expensive item more and more reasonable value.

I just hope the original TI doesn't get left behind at some point because TI2 users demand unique features.
I fully agree with this. I know Marc said the Ti wasn't going anywhere, and that they were planning on releasing OS versions for both variants 'as long as technically possible'. I highly doubt a mere 25% more processing power of the Ti2 will allow for exclusive features not found on the original Ti. If that happens, it will be merely to separate the Ti from the Ti2 once and for all. I really hope this doesn't happen. It will only take one release of such an update to have many of us already feeling left behind.

I also agree that Access has hands down the BEST customer service around. I never got my Ti till last June, but even since then there have been many, many great additions and improvements to the Ti. In a mere 8 months I have gained so much that I never thought I would have. I can only imagine how much people have gained who first got their synth since it was released nearly 2.5 years ago.

I think other companies should take a good hard look at how Access works to keep its customers happy. Novation for instance is now charging $30 for a 'pro' upgrade to their Automap software. I emailed about this and they said it was to cover development costs. Sounds like a cash grab to me. Do you not thing it cost Access hundreds upon hundreds of hours to research and develop all they have added to the Ti range of synths? They allowed us all to benefit from this without dipping further into our pockets for even a single penny. Shame on you Novation. I for one will not pay for an update I feel I should have considering I already payed good money for your hardware.