View Single Post
Old 10.03.2014, 07:38 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisa View Post
Hi all, I'm a new user, I have bought a second hand VIRUS TI2 Keyboard and I ask you some help for make my bpm of patches in virus in synch with my daw (Logic Pro 9, MainStage, Ableton Live).
My seput is:

Macbook Pro Retina, connected via firewire to soundcard Motu Ultralite Hybrid Mk3.
Virus TI2 Keyboard is connected via midi IN and midi OUT to Motu Ultralite (as I use also the keyboard as master keyboard to play vst in Logic, Mainstage, Ableton Live)
Virus Ti2 Keboard main Outs 1 and 2 goes to analog imputs 1-2 of Motu Ultralite.

In Virus TI I have midi dump enabled.

How can I automatically synch my virus of the bpm of the DAW?
For example: if I change bpm in Ableton live from 120 to 140 bpm i want that virus TI changes automatically bpm to 140 bpm.
Is it possible also in multimode?

Thanks for help !!!
Hi there,

Is there a reason you are not using the virus control plug-in? (there are many but with logic & Live it seems to work pretty well) After all it is supposed to be Totally integrated. If you use it then the arp's will sync to the host (I presume thats what you are talking about) but with regular midi in/out's I dont think so, you will have to manually adjust the bpm on the virus itself.