View Single Post
Old 04.09.2005, 05:29 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to K.E.M. Send a message via MSN to K.E.M. Send a message via Yahoo to K.E.M.

Wow..I had no idea my topic generated this much attention!. Lol

Well the conversation is starting to swerve off, but let me tell you my adventures since I've last posted.

I purchased the SH-32 and found that I probably won't be buying the MS2K for awhile, but I'll probably end up getting a JP8***, rack or keyboard, dunno yet. The Virus is too expensive for me, and I found that it isn't the same in character as the Virus, and while the Virus is very powerful and it's sound is technically evil and cool sounding, I don't see myself with a Virus, I see myself with a JP...maybe because I previosuly owned it before, and I've grown attached to it. Lol.

But otherwise...the SH-32 still kicks my ass, big time. I plan on using in it a guitar synth setup one of these days, because it kicks that much ass that I can go Amir Derakh on it. =D

It basically relies on built-in samples as waveforms, and from there it runs as a VA, so you're able to control all of the sounds as if it were a VA. It's very thick and warm sounding too, in my opinion.

Overall, my setup so far is:
-Korg Triton LE Workstation
-Korg DS-8 FM Synth
-Roland SH-32 "Quasi VA" Synth

I do plan on a Roland JP8 of some sort before the end of the year, as well as a kick ass production computer. =)

So yeah, I guess that's it for now...but I'll still be coming to the board, because while I wouldn't purchase the hardware version of the Virus, I would love to see myself with the Powercore, because that could help me make some ripping experimental tracks and stuff. =)