View Single Post
Old 26.10.2008, 04:46 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
I'd add my vote on every single of those! Especially more filters (MS20, I love that filter), sample RAM waveforms (for multiple duties - as oscillators, LFOs or EGs), more modularity, extra hands-on control (joystick, ribbon/XY-pad).

Where are you going with the idea: "7. Some lowpass gates to be patched in the chain anywhere" ?

Regards "4. An on-board screen option for editing the arpeggiator and note select for every arp hit. ala step sequencer style."

The [Korg Radias] gets around this by having 16 knobs + buttons running along the bottom of the unit. In arpeggiator- or step-sequencer mode, they come into their own. I think this sort of knob arrangement would be revolutionary on the Virus, if they were to swap things about a bit. The Virus needs a bit of an overhaul to keep things fresh, methinks. To space it away from the current TI mk1.

Here's info on what i mean by a Low pass gate with sound examples

http://www.ear-group.net/model_13.html

and I dont mind that the Virus doesnt have the full 16 knobs for setup, I think its fine if it was just a simple screen edit mode...the VC is great and all but on the road or whatever its impossible to edit a USER and save it...

and NOTE select is such a must for such a sick synth not to have it.

There ha sto be a way to do it... even if its only 8 pulses at a time and not as intuitive as the VC...who cares as long as its possible to edit it.