View Single Post
Old 22.10.2006, 06:09 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanrosta
I find this laughable. Just look at their knobs man? Really crappy knobs! Also, if you are content with scrolling through pages to find your params, then, what's the point of an editor? the synth can already do this.
lanrosta
The TI Vcontrol and powercore Virus are exactly like this, you dont see ANYONE asking for all the options/params on one page, you seem to be alone with this thought (or to lazy to implment it.)

Quote:
If you're standing three feet away from your PC, then no editor will even be of use anyway, I mean, you're not actually at the PC using it?
lanrosta
I sit 3-4ft from my PC in the sweet spot of my monitors (like 99% of daw users) and I can see everything perfectly. Wouldnt be able to read shit though on your poorly thought out plug with "crappy knobs."

Quote:
(over-complicated)?
Well, the Virus is a complicated synth with over 170 controls.... It should look complicated... What, does it intimidate you?
lanrosta
Why complicate something that can be simple? No one wants to make something harder than it needs be. Im aware the virus is a complex synth, thats why Access breaks it down into the relevant sections on different pages. Something you seem to have trouble understanding.

Quote:
Multi panels are used for the Delay/Reverb section ATM because they are modal. It's simple to integrate multi pages in the VST, but I prefer offering ALL controls right up front for visual comparisons between patches.
lanrosta
Well, did you make the editor purely for yourself? No, I am sure I will not be the only one complaining about this editors gui, layout, poor though-out size/read outs.

Quote:
Visual appearance is always an opinionated topic.
lanrosta
Exactly, and the opinions of the people who will be buying this are the important ones.....worth taking notes boy.

ten