View Single Post
Old 06.09.2008, 11:11 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

If Access figures out a way to implement this, why limit it to 8MB? That's nothing by todays standard. Most usb flash drives are well over a GB.

But I'll be more than happy to take 16 MB 2:1 in 8MB or 16 user defined multi-samples. Thats better than none. You could still put a few of your favorite multi-sample in there. I would love to sample my DSS-1 and push those great vintage 12 bit samples through a Virus.

I'm advocating writeable samples. That way you can replace the stocks one's with what ever you like. Mind you, I'm not suggesting the Virus should be a sampler or contain a 4 layer, velocity switching 88 note sampled Steinway. 1 or 2 single layer samples per octives (single or dual osc) would be great though. Straight up 44.1 16 bit. Down and dirty, no sample editing, load and go. Though a 12 and 8 bit reducer feature in the ocs section would be awesome! (Think vinatage DSS-1, Emulator or Mirage quality.)

Look how many people contributed patches to the Virus. Imagine the sample database Virus users could create. If Access could do it via a flash drive, then you could put what ever you want on it.

How ironic. I just read the new Blofeld Keyboard has guess what - user sample implementation. Come on Access, catch up! You guys are the leaders.

Last edited by synthman1 : 06.09.2008 at 11:39 PM.