View Single Post
Old 07.09.2008, 06:55 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthman1 View Post
If Access figures out a way to implement this, why limit it to 8MB? That's nothing by todays standard. Most usb flash drives are well over a GB.
Wrong end of the USB cable goes into the virus. The virus is the USB slave and not the USB master controller.

Quote:
But I'll be more than happy to take 16 MB 2:1 in 8MB or 16 user defined multi-samples. Thats better than none. You could still put a few of your favorite multi-sample in there. I would love to sample my DSS-1 and push those great vintage 12 bit samples through a Virus.
Ha ha , you would be happy with 16MB ram ? How much ram do you think is actually available inside the Ti ?

Each full soundbank is about 128k so you would have to lose 10 whole banks for 1MB of sample ram. 1MB of sample ram @ the virus internal frequency 96khz 24bit isn't going to give you much, 2-3 seconds or so.

It's a lovely idea but I really doubt the virus hardware is made for it. Maybe some lofi user wavetables which take up about 50k each or something but PCM samples is probably going too far.