Thread: Trance Lead
View Single Post
Old 17.02.2005, 03:27 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

I second the notion of Eq cutting is a bit better than boosting overall. However, Im a little dubious to using too much eq'ing because to my ears it does fundementally change the sounds characteristic (well i guess thats the intention!). But.....I prefer more naturally 'bright' synths for bright sounds (i.e. Nord 3, Jupiter 8 etc).

But at the end of the day its not a problem. Synths need to have character.....and luckily the Virus has one all of its own. Depending on your tastes......the Virus can either be the dogs bollox (i.e. just what you need!) or it can represent the antichrist....in that you will struggle to get the kinda tones your after. Having 2 or 3 synths eradicates this 'issue'.

Personally im going to buy the Virus TI....because I know what im letting myself in for.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....