View Single Post
Old 11.03.2006, 05:03 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to aisling
Default Re: TI Sequencer Mode - Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7
I've been working with multitimbral synths for a long time, but I have to say I am very impressed with the TI's sequencer mode.

After playing with this for a while, it seems as though sequencer mode is just like having 16 TIs, all in single mode. You can have 16 "single" patches assigned to 16 different parts - but here's the cool thing - you can easily edit/tweak the singles as much as you want, without having to subsequently store the edits in RAM. You simply do an "arrangement" bulk dump of sysex into a MIDI track, and when you re-load the sysex in sequencer mode, you get all of the patches, but in their edited form.

The other convenient thing about sequencer mode is that volume and pan are controlled by your sequencer's mixing board (Digital Performer, in my case). These setting don't seem to be stored in the sysex dump, but I can easily use DP's mixer snapshot feature to set those levels at the beginning of a song (or at any other time during the song, using snapshots or fader automation).

BTW, I am using a Polar simply connected with MIDI cables as an old-fashioned hardware synth.
Hi-

How is the latency in dp. I also use dp 4.6 but have only owned my virus a few weeks and am a guitar player first, so my tech time gets eaten up by my creative time. I have not even worked with a sequencer yet, I'm still trying to lay more neurons to accomidate the intese sonic euphoria I get......

I also have the jv1080, how do the 2 work together for you. To be honest I dumped hardware synths for REASON about 4 years ago, and have just "rediscovered hardware"..........Since the virus has newer technology, the bit rate/sample rate/and over all tambre is going to be richer than the jv 1080? (i say this ignorantly since not being a synth player, I used the jv just for midi sequencing)

Living Green, this is how we do it.....
http://www.creativeartflow.com/Joyre...rt/gallery.htm