View Single Post
Old 11.03.2006, 06:27 PM

Default Re: TI Sequencer Mode - Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisling
Hi-

How is the latency in dp. I also use dp 4.6 but have only owned my virus a few weeks and am a guitar player first, so my tech time gets eaten up by my creative time. I have not even worked with a sequencer yet, I'm still trying to lay more neurons to accomidate the intese sonic euphoria I get......

I also have the jv1080, how do the 2 work together for you. To be honest I dumped hardware synths for REASON about 4 years ago, and have just "rediscovered hardware"..........Since the virus has newer technology, the bit rate/sample rate/and over all tambre is going to be richer than the jv 1080? (i say this ignorantly since not being a synth player, I used the jv just for midi sequencing)
I have not used the Virus Control software with my Polar and DP - don't even know if it is compatible. I've just been using it as a hardware synth with MIDI cables and 1/4" cables.

The JV1080 is a "rompler" synth which is a different animal than the Virus. As you know, it sounds great when it is doing what it does best - playing back samples in ROM, doing bells, strings, pianos, etc. I have several expansion cards for the JV, the best being the Session card, which has nice pianos, acoustic guitars, winds, etc. I also have the drum/bass card, and while the drums are mediocre, the basses (electric, slap, fretless, etc.) are awesome. I also have the vintage synth card, which is horrible compared to the Virus.

I think the two sound great together, but only when the JV is NOT being used for vintage/analog type sounds, which the Virus handles spectacularly.