View Single Post
Old 01.09.2010, 09:15 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
There is nothing I'd love more for hardware vendors to figure out how to give the dedicated processing of hardware, but the integration of VST. Sadly it seems like things in the hardware scene have stalled, while VSTs continue to get better sounding.
I wouldn't agree on that. VSTi is easier to design (no hardware constraint). So more people can offer new advanced solution without being forced to be big companies.

On the hardware side, after the rise and fall of hardware samplers which are mainly replaced by software based DAW, the synth inovation landscape showsome enhancement from time to time among which I would notice:
- the Virus TI concept which I find really clever though actually I never tested it but I feel this is the challenge for other maufacturers.
- the virtual modular concept initially invented with 2 different solution by clavia with their Nord Modular and CreamWare with their PCI DSP based Modular/Elektra solution at the end of the 90's were really interesting and still made progress rencently on the Scope size with the launch of the Mod IV version associated withe the Xite-1 rack.
- the Arturia Origin which provides a new attempt to get something symbiotic out of a hardware and software modular mix
- the awaited John Bowen Solaris

Actually I think there is more space for VA synth now than for Rompler as one could get better result with VSTi and maybe a solution with VSTi host like Muse Research Receptor or SMProAudio V-Machines...

I just think hardware control on a synth is just a must.
Access Virus and Clavia nord lead have shown the way in their time providing good sunding instruments easy to edit and fun to play.

HUROLURA

Combining different brand of VA synth = pure joy.