View Single Post
Old 30.01.2011, 06:30 PM
New here
New here

If that is what phasing is, then yes. The VENOM synth. While in "mono", I reduced it down to 1 osc (TB Square). Drew out the sustain so that the sound would still be audible during the next key strike. The sustaining sound would (for a milisecond) over lap the begining attack of the next triggered sound, so that the attack was muddied a little. Myself, I enjoy creating attacky percussive sounds (which the Virus does very well) so I found this trait in the VENOM to be less than desirable. Which is too bad because the inexpensive little synth has a great sounding engine and emulates analog well. Also on the VENOM, the LFO's only seem to cycle at 2 octaves, limiting range considerably. No crazy modulations, or fast speeds. Envelopes are limited as well while making diving percusive sounds. No laser type dives allowed. Knob tweaking suffers from the same "stepping" as most other VA's

The Virus (while in mono) does not overlap, or muddy the beginning of the next triggered sound generated. Making for a crisp/punchy attack everytime. Especially when "punch" is dialed all the way up. Was wondering if the punch feature is some type of sampled click on the Virus. It is untunable.

All this aside, I really like the KB