View Single Post
Old 01.02.2013, 04:42 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakHead View Post
Curious, how did you perform this test, for the LFO's rate?
You'll probably laugh...

I selected an LFO, chose square waveform for it, then set the LFO destination to ChannelVol in the ModMatrix with the amount set to +63 (so it cycles between silence and max volumes).

Then I cranked up my soundcard recording frequency to 192KHz @ 24bits (to avoid any beating of waveforms beyond Nyquist freq's, and to limit further aliasing) and played a high pitch note on the Virus so I can easily visually see the envelope of the LFO (when recorded). Then I raised the LFO rate to 127.

Recorded several seconds of it into Wavelab, then, er, manually counted the pulses that occured within 1 second (in otherwords an "x" number of Hz), lol. Turned out there were 93 pulses in 1 second, therefore the speed of the LFO was 93Hz.

Quote:
They could do it like they did for the oscillators: have the classic ones or the new broad range ones, with user definable waves in those eheh
They'd be the perfect accompaniment. Might require some serious DSP for user definable waves at audible rates though.