View Single Post
Old 02.02.2013, 08:06 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakHead View Post
Yeah, in a way you're lucky you got to learn with such great stuff... I learned mostly with stuff like Rob Papen's Albino eheh.

You're lucky you're going to get the Korg back
However, realize that for QUITE a while, my keyboard playing was limited while active duty officer in military, to a real wooden acoustic piano simply because of where different places stationed. Of course, that real piano is my roots so-to-speak, so that was my recreational "release" spending many hours in the piano room when not lifting weights and swimming.
There's been ALOT of new methods of modulation and various matrices that admitedly am still learning as I go as far as "playing catch-up". Told myself WHEN surviving and ultimately medically retired military disability pension--that I would build-up a synth-based studio for many therapeutic benefits;keeping mind active, and literally physical and mental therapy to fight PTSD....and now it's a reality and have everything kind of taken apart now, with a final plan of effectively connecting everything, using midi extensively--however, I will be recording primarily audio only.
So as you mentioned once, it's "full-circle" because I may have a bit more hardware experience, but it certainly also means i have alot to learn from the likes of you on many levels. Good forums facilitate this without all the ego and crap that you definitely find on some of the other so-called "pro forums".
Dave Smith said something interesting in that clip about how it's not usually an interface's problem with midi--it's moreso the way in which a given manufacturer IMPLIMENTS midi protocol and makes use of available bandwidth---do I hear a cat-call towards Access and Virus Control? LOL!